I'm on my way... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

I'm on my way...

to buying the new Red 2005 GSX-R 600. I filled out a couple finance applications online and was told by two of them that I would need a co-signer, but the suzuki place down the road contacted me back yesterday and said I was approved for $6000 and that the 600 is about $9000 out the door. He said he could send the application to a couple more banks that they use and try and get me approved higher, but I wouldnt be under the promotion that's going on right now. I told him to send it to them because the less I have to put down the better off I am. I didn't ask them about the insurance policy but I will when I hear from them again but maybe someone knows...are you required to get full coverage when financing a new bike like this or is that something that's different with each dealership? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:40 AM

First off, congrats.
Even if you are not required, full coverage is a very good idea. I realize its an extra bill, but the chances of you messing up the bike are pretty high. Should that happen, you want to be able to jump on another in a few weeks, not get stuck paying on your for another few years. That and medical insurance is handy too. Hopefully you'll never need it, but you might.

Enjoy your ride, and dont forget to get good gear. MSF is recomended as well

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 AM

I dont mean to be a killjoy, but if you are required to carry full coverage, you better brace yourself when you call for the quote. And either way, make sure you get the quote before picking up the bike. I would hate to see a rider buy a bike they cant afford, and have it reposessed.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM

Good point ZX6R1033, AND it looks like this is a newbie that has bought a hot trotting sportbike for its appearance. So all we can do is wish him luck in survival.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Much like the other users - I highly advise you find a smaller used bike. Not only will you probably save 6-7 thousand dollars - you'll *highly* raise your chances of survival. It's not a joke

Learn to ride first - and then worry about the bigger bikes later.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 08:37 PM

I maybe a new rider

But I do have some knowledge about buying a ride. If you're buying new (and need a loan) then yes you will need full coverage. It's not that the dealerships that require it, it's the people that's leanding you the doe. The dealer gets paid buy the credit company that gives you the loan. So the dealer doesn't care if you crash the first day. It's the folks that let you borrow their money that care about getting their investment (plus interest) back. So, for them, full coveradge is a must. Also it may help in keeping you from paying on a bike you can't ride anymore

P.S. what's spell check?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 11:01 PM

if you like the looks, try out the gs 500 as well

now assuming you have previous experience on fast bikes, the Gixxer shouldnt be to much of a problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode