Funny story about cops and riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Funny story about cops and riders

Disclaimer: I do not condone running form, or dissobeying the athorities. This is a true storie. All questions about running from police are purely hypothetical.

Ok so I have a brother thats a cop in a small town in central Illinois. Anyway he had a ride on with him one day, a ride on is in this case a dispatcher that comes along to see things from the officer's point of view. They get a call in for a dude on a bike running and requesting backup. Knowing full well he probably wouldn't be able to catch 'em my brother joined the chase, small town consisted of like two squad cars.

After rocketing like 80 through town after this guy it was becoming more and more apparent that it would be impossible to catch him, since the bike blew the cars away in acceleration. Even with a 300+ H.P. car my brother was driving (like some squad car with a chevy v8 big block.)

Long story short they never did catch the guy. He almost lost it on a turn but made it anyway.

They gave up the car was fried leaking oil, and been driven harder than any engine without restrictor plates ever should...

The ride on was terrified and my brother was just thinking whats next.

Well thats the story.... Have you ever known someone or have run from the police? I mean your really risking it if you dont make it away and flip the plates up b/f the cop gets the numbers. I wouldnt recommend it but it sounds like without helecopter support or a big town with lots of police the bikers got it good.

Feel free to add any stories if you have them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
I have a few friends that have ran, even double backed behind a building on the cops. Stupid, yes.

Would I do it, nope.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 PM

How is that story funny? It sounds more stupid then anything. Your brother blew through town at 80mph, nearly wrecked his car and "fried" his car attempting to chase a bike that he knew he would never catch in the first place! No offense to your brother, and I'm not saying that the biker wasn't also in the wrong.. but that seems like a pretty retarded thing to do, especially with someone else who isn't even a cop in the car.

Anyway, I've ran once when I was with a group of bikes. And after my recent reckless and 110 in a 55 tickets, I don't plan on getting caught at any decent speed again. One of the guys I ride with who's a stunter runs every time. He's easily run over 100 times in various states. His bike isn't even registered. Just a few days ago he had to run through a bunch of towns trying to escape from the cops.. they really wanted him. One of the cops tried to t-bone him and after he got to his hiding spot they were still patrolling the streets for a while.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
...One of the guys I ride with who's a stunter runs every time. He's easily run over 100 times. His bike isn't even registered. Just a few days ago he had to run through a bunch of towns trying to escape from the cops.. they really wanted him...
And here we have the reason why all sportbike riders are viewed as criminals by cops.

Give your stunna bro a kick in the nuts for me next time you see him.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
And here we have the reason why all sportbike riders are viewed as criminals by cops.

Give your stunna bro a kick in the nuts for me next time you see him.

Why don't you stick to speed limits and obey all traffic laws so you can help prevent that view.

Last edited by Unas_the_Slayer; 07-22-2005 at 02:44 PM.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:47 PM

My uncle was running away from comps some time ago, and he was wearing at the time one of those jackets that is reversable, One side was blue and the other was brigth yellow, He pulled in a parking lot b4 the cop got to him and changed the jackest to the yellow color, and drove rigth by the cop all slow, The cop was looking everywhere, never caught him, i thought that was funny,
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Why don't you stick to speed limits and obey all traffic laws so you can help prevent that view.

Maybe I'll de-register my bike, drop my insurance and stunt in school zones so that I can be bestest homies with you.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Quote:
How is that story funny? It sounds more stupid then anything.
Forgive me but I just thought to some it would pose and interesting topic. If you knew anything about theses small towns you would know there is no real danger as there is no one living thats not in the fields to worry about hitting.

Anyways if you run a cop is gonna chase u whether he thinks he can catch u or not. It's not like well i just had a donut and dont feel like running go right ahead.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati

Maybe I'll de-register my bike, drop my insurance and stunt in school zones so that I can be bestest homies with you.
Or maybe you should buy a Goldwing and then you won't have to worry about associating yourself with "stunnas" and how they are viewed by cops.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xboxdynasty
Forgive me but I just thought to some it would pose and interesting topic. If you knew anything about theses small towns you would know there is no real danger as there is no one living thats not in the fields to worry about hitting.

Anyways if you run a cop is gonna chase u whether he thinks he can catch u or not. It's not like well i just had a donut and dont feel like running go right ahead.
I'm not trying insult you or your brother or anything, and now I see you live in MI.. so we live in quite different areas. And in NJ, cops are not supposed to pursue unless there have been reports of a felony committed and the suspect was spotted in the same type of vehicle that the officer is pursuing. However that doesn't stop the cops here from having a hardon for chases. There are a lot of silent chases, i.e. the police chase the cars or bikes, cause them to crash and leave the scene. Witnesses would say they saw a crash and a police car was chasing forced the car to stop or hit it, but the dispatcher would never have a radio transmission of who's doing the chasing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode