Buying a new bike..qus? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Question Buying a new bike..qus?

Hi to everyone out there... so, i finally found a bike. This is my first bike. its a 98 YZF 600 R with 15k miles. it has 20 day old rear tire, front tire seems to have a lot of tread. it's got new front and rear sprockets w/ a new chain (silver..he said tht this is the intermediate quality btween reg and gold). he said the sprockets were making a clanking sound so h got em changed. they are not stock and he has gone down 2-3 teeth in the rear and front (dont rmmbr if he went down/up on the teeth.. but it was done for increasing the performance). the bike has flush mounted front signals, clear brake and rear indicator lights. it has a vance and hines slip on. it also has a HID front headlight.
i went and saw it personally and it looks pretty good.
now for the bad part. he's the 3rd owner and it was laid down by the prev. guy so there are scratches on the engine cover(left), on the left handlebar. he says that guy got a new fairing and it has no scratches.... couple of minor nicks but its nuthin major.
he wants 3500 for it which i think is pretty reasonble. im gonna take it to a cycle shop for inspection tmmrw.
the qu. is should i check on something else.. and i dun really care about the scratch on the engine cover but it'll affect the resale value. wht'd u ppl think? any suggesstions etc? also, i have'nt driven it since i havent yet gotten my license..
sorry about the huge post...
Thanks...
-Nik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 PM

Re: Buying a new bike..qus?

Don't worry about the scratches, my bike has some on the left cover as well. And I'm sure that bike has been wheelied more then once with those sprocket changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode