i'm gettin it - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Talking i'm gettin it

i took the advice guys and im getting the cbr but i want to change thesprokets i have heard every time i down in front 2 up in the backbut i was wondering if this would be smart or just kick my ass and wat are the best sprokets to buy and i need after market every thing for it its a 92 cbr 600 f2 so if u no any sites please let me no thank i advance for any ifo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 PM

Re: i'm gettin it

Quote:
Originally posted by hondacrazy
i need after market every thing for it
ah yes, the dreaded "Bling Bling" condition, they can offer some help and loving care at the local asylum

it was somewhat hard to read, why do you need all sorts of aftermarket accesories for it? and i'd leave the sproket be, if your starting out, why do you need more acceleration?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to sisqo
Re: i'm gettin it

Quote:
Originally posted by hondacrazy
i took the advice guys and im getting the cbr but i want to change thesprokets i have heard every time i down in front 2 up in the backbut i was wondering if this would be smart or just kick my ass and wat are the best sprokets to buy and i need after market every thing for it its a 92 cbr 600 f2 so if u no any sites please let me no thank i advance for any ifo
Are you wanting the mods cosmetic wise or more for performance?? I wouldnt reccomend the perfomance mods just yet till you become more familiar with your bike. Either way, a search engine may become your next best friend in this situation.

You have the right to remain silent and errrm open your legs furrr me. -drunk friend and oblivious female-

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:12 PM

DieSonne is 100% correct on his post. Remember this is a '92 bike so really you do not want to throw some two grand onto it for a poser-like bike.

Why the super low gearing? Why not put THAT money into some dececent protective riding gear AND as you get the feel of the bike & become more sure of it THEN you can decided if you want to make a small change here or there.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 12:06 AM

I feel so.... accepted

to me the best mods you could get would be to make your riding experience more enjoyable, and trust me, if your new, dropping teeth is going to scare the hell out of you as soon as you take off

for instance, if the seat is too hard or soft for you to enjoy long rides, the money is better spent on a new seat

Also, something i think is useful, SVriders.com has a link to soemthing called convertibars, you lossen a screw and you can raise the bars to sport-tourer levels, i personally dont know if these are good or just a crock, but they sound like a good idea

BTW- i once put a bigger spur gear on the bombardier in my profile. big mistake, that 650 single makes ALOT of torque, it did not want any help, and it made sure i knew that

Last edited by DieSonne; 06-29-2005 at 12:14 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM

What's wrong with aftermarket? Obviously it can be taken too far, but if the kid wants to throw some flushmounts on, chop the ugly ass undertail and get an aftermarket one etc etc I see nothing wrong with it. Hell, it's his money.. if he wants to chrome it and put spinners on then it's his choice.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
What's wrong with aftermarket? Obviously it can be taken too far, but if the kid wants to throw some flushmounts on, chop the ugly ass undertail and get an aftermarket one etc etc I see nothing wrong with it. Hell, it's his money.. if he wants to chrome it and put spinners on then it's his choice.
There's nothing wrong with it.

I felt they were suggesting to him that "his money" would be better spent elsewhere at this time, and I agree.

There's plenty of time in one's riding career to go for the bling, but one's first priority should be safety and comfort.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
nothing's wrong with it if you are going to keep the bike....

if youre truly going to learn how to ride it, and then upgrade, there isnt much sense in upgrading it. buyin' a new bike in time would be the best upgrade
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 06:25 PM

Modify it all you want, but with an older bike you are probably going to want to sell it in a year & most will NOT want to pay for all your modifications.

I rarely modify my bikes other then to put Kevlar front brake likes on all of them & on the Honda 929 & 954 there is a Scott's steering head damper on one & a GSR on the other. Oh yes & all three have frame sliders. That is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode