New driver well gona be new soon :) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

New driver well gona be new soon :)

hi peeps i always wanted a bike i live in england btw in case that matters

waht it is iam almost 21 now and gona start to learn to ride after i 21 so that i can go direct access and get any size bike after i pass hehe a friend of mine took me out on his R1 and from that moment i jsut thought WOW!!!!!!!!! i watned a bike since being a kid after that experience i wanted one that second now i in financily position to get one but know bot all about bikes

was thinking about a 600cc ish bike or is that 2 big

any sugestions would be great iam 6ft:4" tall 193cm ish and 175Lbs

any make modle size of bike that you could sugest would be great i dont want a huge bike to start with i value my life atm yet still wanta bike hehehe

thanx guys regards Del...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:52 PM

Hello and welcome.

The starter bike is one of the most commonly discussed things on the board, so a search will provide plenty of info.

I recommend you check out the SV650. If you dont care about the naked look, check out the SV650S with the optional lower fairing.

Its a very civil bike, capable, easy to ride.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 PM

at your size, look at the:
suzuki SV650
suzuki GS500f
Honda 900 hornet(919 stateside, this may or may not be a good sttarter, i dunno)
honda nighthawk 750(why not?)
kawasaki ninja 500

alot of 600's are as much of beasts as that R1, dont be fooled

i beleive yamaha has some starter bikes too, but not sure

at 6' 4", forget those little 250's

Last edited by DieSonne; 06-22-2005 at 04:18 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM

A lot of people on this forum will tell you not to start on 600's. I suggest starting on older 600's, such as F2's or F3's.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

bike

1993 HONDA VT SHADOW 600 cc honda vt shadow,

been told that is would be a nice starter bike for me but as i said before know nothing about bikes

selling that for 1k
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 05:58 AM

If you dont mind a cruiser, that is certainly a good starter.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 06:08 AM

I would suggest getting a vfr400 as they are cheap and plentiful in the UK, and are plenty quick enough for a beginner. If you find them a little cramped (due to yr height), a zzr600, sv650 or older CBR6 would be a good start.

Beginners can find themselves in trouble pretty quick on these bikes, and if it were my money I would be going for something that was a little 'expendable', and that doesn't upset you too much when you crash it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

well tbh i like the crusiers some of them look sweet and that honda shadow is one of them

i dont want somthing that is gona cost a bomb and bite me in teh arse at its first opertunity

ned somthing that is cheapish and not like somone holding a gun to my head when i try to insure it f u know what i mean

but still want somthing witha bit up and go at the same time

dont want to be on a thing with a lawnmower engine in it yet at the same time dont want somthing that is gona go like a bat out of hell
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by delarith
well tbh i like the crusiers some of them look sweet and that honda shadow is one of them

i dont want somthing that is gona cost a bomb and bite me in teh arse at its first opertunity
If you want a little go and don't mind a cruiser, consider the 800 cc Vulcan or Intruder. Honda and Yamaha may also have something in 750-800 range. I rode my neighbor's 2003 Honda VLX (600cc) and that thing had hardly any go to it. That extra 200cc does not make it go over the top, but makes it that much more pleasant when you give it some throttle. I have ridden a 2004 Vulcan 800 and found it very enjoyable.

Almost forgot, there are older 750-800 Honda Magnas, with the same V4 as VFR. I have heard those being too much for a beginner, though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

thanx for all the info guys very nice of you to reply so fast to a noobie to website its gona be a good 6 month before i take lessions and buy a bike i will keep looking about anyone in the uk that know a good company for younger ppl for insurance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode