Frame Sliders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Frame Sliders

After looking at the advice from these boards for a begginner bike i've decided to go with the gs500. But i've also read a lot about frame sliders. I just really would like to know where is the best place to buy them. The shop i get my bike? Should i have them put them on for me, how hard is it? What about ebay?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Ebay is by far the best place for things like frame sliders. My fav. brand are shoguns, since they are cheap and functionable, but feel free to pick whichever one you like.

Installing them is super easy. Just take out a motormound bolt and replace with a slider, torque down. Remember to do them one at a time.

Some bikes will have to have their fairings cut in order to accomodate the sliders. I doubt you will have that issue with a gs500.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:56 PM

Just make sure you get the plastic type frame sliders. You don't want the metal ones, or the ones with the metal caps at the end that are replaceable. If you use those, they'll catch on the asphalt instead of just sliding. I've seen them in action. But smart choice getting them.. they saved my bike big time when I went down and all I had to do was replace the bent bolt.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:22 PM

Besides the HEAT transfers to the metal part of any frame sliders which means they are super hot. Stay clear of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode