Saftey Class Full, what should i do? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Saftey Class Full, what should i do?

I have a 2001 TT600 i picked up for $2K, I want to get out and ride it, i take it around the block to get a feel for brakes and clutch/throttle control, anyways should i get my license and enjoy the bike for the summer or wait till next year for a class. Every class in the metro detroit area is full untill september 23. and advice would be great thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Strength and Honor

Sign up for 9/23 and then call the Harley dealers to find out when their classes are and the costs.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

called the harley people about riders edge today and they are all full too...this sucks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 02:29 PM

Sign up then show up to each class about 10-15 min early, let the instructors know that you're there and registered and have the money to pay for it with you and if someone doesn't show usually 15 minutes after the start time.. you get to stay! That's how I got my license early, I was signed up for August or something but I got in a class in June.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
Sign up then show up to each class about 10-15 min early, let the instructors know that you're there and registered and have the money to pay for it with you and if someone doesn't show usually 15 minutes after the start time.. you get to stay! That's how I got my license early, I was signed up for August or something but I got in a class in June.
+1 Good call, Unas, I forgot that was an option. Definitely something you should try repeatedly until you're successful

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 01:05 AM

i agree with unas. call the administrator and ask to be placed on a cancellation list. there are always a few people that cancel.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

yeah, i called them and they said they take walk-ins through a lottery, only prob with that is i bartend and work weekends only and don't want to risk missing work for nothing. But i'll just take the risk and hope i get in.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:43 AM

You would probably be succesful on the first attempt. There is always a percentage of people that don't show. That usually applies to any event.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 AM

thats what i have to do, im only sixteen, so the class is free. but i have to show up to a class the 23rd (thursday) early and hope that someone doesnt show. and on top of that they have to take me if somone doesnt show because its mandatory that i get in the class...so im crossing my fingers. because i will have to do this for all 15 + classes scheduled at the local community college because they are ALL booked. i guess motorcycling is pretty popular in ohio
-rOOster-
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Hey, mate, big props for making such a mature decision (to take the MSF course) at a young age!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode