Summer Gear Suggestions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Summer Gear Suggestions

hello neighbor.

New Rider here asking for your any suggestions you can provide regarding a leather jacket for the summer season. I've been reading that CE armor is adequate for protection.

Fellow riders, do you have any suggestions for makes/models of jackets you found to be protective and comfortable (or as comfortable as you can get in 90+ degree weather)?

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

i thought i might reply to myself since no one else has...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Strength and Honor

I have no suggestions on the jacket.

But I would suggest you either:
A) Wait a reasonable time period for responses
-and/or-
B) Put in some moniker to tell us if you're being a smart a$$ (like or )

Take it as you like

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:19 PM

But Kan, he waited 20 min!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 PM

You won't find any leather gear to be comfortable in 90+ degree weather, at least when you stop. When you're moving it's not hot though.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 05:22 PM

I have the Alpinestar leather stunt jacket. It is perforated and feels cool when you are moving. It does get a little warm sitting at the redlight. I'm a new rider though and this is the only jacket I have experiece with so their may something else much better. It works fine for me though.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Mesh/textile jackets are good for hot weather. Joe Rocket Phoenix is the only one that comes to mind. I wear a leather jacket and as long as you are moving it's OK. I wish a dealer would let me borrow a mesh jacket so I can compare it while sitting in 100 degree weather. For some reason I think I would still be sweating until I started moving again, which is the reason I don't bother getting a new jacket.

oh yeah,

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

appreciate all your help guys.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:34 AM

I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket and it's not too bad in FL temps and humidity. I don't think anything will be real comfortable sitting still in hot weather but this comes as close as anything could. Also as soon as you start moving you cool right down. Air moves through this jacket very well. The armor seems good as well although I have no personal experience hitting the road, knock on wood, but others have said it holds up well.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 06:11 PM

ya, your gonna get hot when sitting still in pretty much any jacket u get mesh or not. The mesh are nice cause once you get moving (even just like 10-20mph) you start to cool off cause of all the air flow. I have a joe rocket rasp and i like it a lot, its not really a mesh but the vents are big and well placed.

now for my question...any have some gloves that they find are significantly more comfortable both for air flow and that offer good padding for those long rides?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode