what should i do - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

what should i do

My mom is aginst motorcycles because my aunt got hit in the face by a flying inSest and crashed. Now she has a steel plate in her head......... But she was not wearing a helemt or armor. How could I get my mom to be ok when me having a motorcycle? I'm not very experienced on a motorcycle but I am looking into MSF.
I might be able to get a nice Kawasaki 440. I forgot the year. I am also wondering if it is a go bike to start on. Thanks

Last edited by MPH2; 06-08-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 AM

whats a flying incest?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 05:36 AM
Strength and Honor

I recall a bunch of threads like this about 4 months ago, but don't see them. My recollection was that unless you're dependent on her (i.e. you're under 18), basically its tough break for her. Do what you want.

If you're under 18, its a tougher situation. If you have a negotiating kind of relationship, try to get her to allow it if you take the MSF SAFETY course and wear full gear. Then offer, as a followup, three seasons in, to take the Advanced MSF SAFETY course. Basically, there isn't much that can be done about some parents, so it depends on the kind of relationship you have with them.

EDIT: TGuns, you spelling Nazi

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 06:09 AM

HA! sorry I seriously couldn't resist that one...

Uhhh, hey how about you offer to take your mom to the MSF course with you? Either she can watch you out on the pavement practicing safe riding skills, or if she's up for it, invite her to join up and see for herself. Might be worth a try.

Or, you can do what I did and just say "hey, mom and dad I bought a motorcycle" and watch what happens. good luck, and sorry for the speeeeling crack (again it was just too hard to resist).
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TGuns
whats a flying incest?
Superman must be her brother.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

lol sorry about that it was 4:00 am over here when I wrote that. I can't spell worth a sh*t to begin with. btw I mean insect
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 11:59 AM

yeah man it was 8AM when I posted that and I was just being a d*ck. now its after lunchtime and I'm cool, sorry... any luck with the situation?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

yea alittle closer everyday I've been talking about armor and the diff. between a street bike and a harley. Like how it is easier to turn a street bike than a big bike. Plus about MSF too.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 03:17 PM

hahah it's still not correctly spelled. Sorry but that's kinda funny. InSest eh?

lol anyway.. try to tell her in a diplomatic and tactful way that she is overreacting especially since you will (at least, you should be!) be wearing a full face helmet thus the only problem with getting hit by a incest (whoops, insect* ) is the annoyance of wiping it off your face shield. But she's probably just being a mom and using that as an excuse for her not wanting you to get a bike.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 07:03 PM

Have to admit that I really do not know how you can talk your Mom into agreeing on a m/c.

If an aunt went down on a m/c some yrs ago, to be that severely injured, there would have been no such things as the crash helmets now avaliable & so much more advanced as what we used in competition in late 40s, let alone the protective riding gear. I know for years I never wore gloves, no more then a pair of jeans or war surplus army battle dress trousers, some formof a shirt, fabric work jacket & pair of work boots. Head might be covered with a baret or tweed cap.

Yet here I am almost 75 yrs of age with this being the start of my 59th yr of riding along with just 42 yrs of basically dirt comp though a few yrs or road racing. The agony of it all is that a HOME ACCIDENT simply haulted me from dirt comp & I had to put all my riding into the hwys in these mtns. NOT a m/c accident. I have two shot knees due to my line of work & not from m/cing.

Last edited by Smitty; 06-08-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode