Just got my first motorcycle!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Lyle Beach
Just got my first motorcycle!!

Hello,

My name is Lyle, I am 26 years old from Washington State. I am proud to say that I just bought my first motorcycle! It is a 2004 Ninja 250. It had roughly 680 miles on it when I bought it. I absolutly love this thing!

I am going to take the MSF course in a couple of weeks, then get endorsed. I hope this summer is a dry one!

I just wanted to say that this board is great! I have been lurking around here for about a month now, reading and taking in all kinds of information. The format isn't as good as some of the other VBullitin boards I'm on, but thats okay.

Thanks again, and happy motoring!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 AM

Congrats on the Ninja...good choice!

Have fun on it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaps76
Congrats on the Ninja...good choice!
+1 Keep it shiny-side-up!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 PM

And the rubber side down.

Congrats

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Lyle Beach
**UPDATE**

Just wanted to let everyone know (if they care) that I have put about 2000 miles on the 250. I have managed to keep the shiny side up!

The bike is plenty for what I need right now. Decent pep to it, and is fast enough to get you into trouble.

I feel confident enough that I think I could probably step up to a 600 after a year on this bike. Although I won't be able to afford it for about 2 years. Which is probably good for me as I am getting to the point now that very comfortable on the bike, and I don't want to get to comfortable until I have a few more miles under my belt. Or else a stupid mistake may follow.

I have already pushed the limits of this bike (in a staight line anyway) Won't do much over 100mph, which is plenty fast. I am worried about the fact that I am that kind of person though... I always want to push the limits. Not like an all the time kind of thing, but more like "lets see what this thing can do" I think the 600 would get me into way to much trouble at this point in time.

Anyway.... blah blah blah... it's 4 am and I can't sleep.

looking forward to putting many more happy miles on the 250... This is a great bike to learn on. And don't let anyone tell you different.

Cheers,

Lyle
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 AM

I saw the *UPDATE* and thought someone wrecked. Good thing that everything is well.
Pushing your limits is fun, but remember the dangers of a public road. I'm not saying obey all the speedlimits, but do keep enough ability in reserve to deal with the unexpected. Try a panic stop from 100mph. Notice the distance it takes you to stop from that speed. Keep that in mind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode