05 Ninja 500 with customized corbin seat, Woodcraft Clip ons with the fork tubes raised and the suspension lowered out back. It needs a little more adjusting before I take it out, but this is a good starting point. It's a better fit with my boots as well. (last pick is with the bike up)
P.S. This was right after it was delivered today and I would never even think of going riding like this:
Nice to see the bike is home & ready to be riden. I was thinking that you have more of a stretch to the bars then I do on my three sportbikes for I am in a relaxed position with elbows bent, true I sit up right against the petrol tank yet can move back & still have elbows in bent position. Still that is one of those things that tend to hit riders that are a bit on the short side in height.
You will have to let us know what it was like riding the bike.
Well, I finally took the bike out today, only clocked 10 miles in a parking lot (about an hour of turns, stops, starts)but I'm not comfortable enough for the road yet so I'll stay where I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else.
Hopefully I'll get it out early on the 11 or 12 and get used to it on the road. I live right on a main road less then 2 minutes from the highway, so there's no room for hesitation or error.
1) Definately need to do something with the kickstand so I can lower it some more
2) Practice Practice Practice!
3) I can lean way on to the tank and be incredibly comfy, it's more fun that way too and better on the arms
4) I like my bike so much better than the little baby GZ250 I had in class
5) Handling is still good after the modifications... we'll see what round 3 of lowering brings. Gotta find the happy medium