Loosing Points - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Loosing Points

Does anyone know if PA offers a course that I can enroll in to take off some extra driving points outside the normal 3 I loose per year?

Also, do insurance companies only keep track of your tickets for the past 3 years? If I am correct, then any tickets older than 3 years are no longer relevant...

I imagine they wont drop your rates though if you have tickets, and suddenly you renew the policy and they are no longer there since they are older than 3 years??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 PM

I'm in OH. Just a few words from my experiences.

Last summer, got 8pts total. I just paid my renewel in June, the week I got my first two points, I paid for the year.

My truck ins. went up in october. There was no way to drop points per. the DMV clerks. Nothing I found online seemed to help my truck ins. either, the company wouldn't accept the online safety instruction certs, so it would be a waste of money and time. This is dependent on your ins. company though. Perhpas my m/c company (progressive) would take 2 pts worth or cost off if I did it, but it is not neccessary yet.

FF to this May. Got my yearly renewel notice in the mail for the mc. Nothing. Same as last year and the year before! I am kinda bummed that since I turn 21 the week the ins. cycle starts/ends that it didn't go down, but I went from 0 to 8 pts w/o a change in the m/c ins., which is killer.

Your points are dropped after 3 years, in OH I know that for sure, don't have a clue about other states.

Consider it the speed tax.

GL,

Jon
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by pyrotek2k
I'm in OH. Just a few words from my experiences.

Last summer, got 8pts total. I just paid my renewel in June, the week I got my first two points, I paid for the year.
How much did your car insurance go up for the year? Also, how much did your motorcycle insurance go up?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:07 PM

The whole point of my post was that the motorcycle (read mc or m/c) ins. (insuraunce) did not go up.

My truck ins. went from $400/year to $150/mo ($2k/yr), this is very outrageous.

I am just shy of 21, which is killing me. Never been in an accident with either vehicle. Never made a claim with either vehicle, nothing, nada. Never been pulled over in the truck. The bike, well, that has almost got me arrested twice and ticked and convicted twice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode