Cops - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Cops

Ya, I have been doing a lot more riding by myself these past few days... I am sure in the near future I will find a group to ride with. Today, I rode into a mall parking lot and saw a cop parked there. I proceeded slowly so there was nothing he could snag me for... He followed me out of the lot and for about 2 miles, then gave up and went to get more donuts... I hate the feeling that they are out to get us riders...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:21 PM

Get used to it. The cops here in NJ are mostly assholes, and their attitude only gets worse in regards to bikes. It sucks, but there's not much you can do about it. Save the highspeed runs for 287 where you can easily outrun a cop.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 12:18 AM

awwwhhhh,... 287. The fun I had on that road.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Lucky only on your bikes =/ Cops follow me when im just in my car. One local cop who is always parked like 200 feet from my house thinks im a drug dealer.

He'll follow me when I go out late nights (1am etc) to get food, Im sure he will be all over me when I get my bike.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoBe
Lucky only on your bikes =/ Cops follow me when im just in my car. One local cop who is always parked like 200 feet from my house thinks im a drug dealer.

He'll follow me when I go out late nights (1am etc) to get food, Im sure he will be all over me when I get my bike.
That sucks. Why don't you set him up for humiliation. Meet with one of your friends early in the morning and pass something stupid off to him,... do the thug shake, and walk away. Let him pull you over to find nothing. Maybe then he'll leave you alone.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 06:04 AM

I'd get into the habit of getting up in the morning grabbing a super fancy camera with a big ass lense on it, and snapping pictures of his car. Every day. If he asks tell him its for the lawsuit.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Strength and Honor

I *NEVER* have a problem with cops. Perhaps its the fact that I'm fully geared, or that I just don't act squidly on the roads. In fact, one town I pass through almost always has the same, old-timer cop who now recognizes me and gives me a wave in the mornings.

After many meeting with cops over the years, I can honestly say I've only met one with whom I felt significant hatred. Just an ass, in general. The rest were absolutely cool.

I suppose my point is, one bad apple ruins the batch. Therefore, distinguish yourself and you won't find yourself the target of derision, possibly.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoBe

haha that is EXACTLY why I moved. Cops used to drive up our private driveway (3/4 mile) just to see if I was still home or not. I would get pulled over for one reason or another every time I left the house. Over a 6 month span, I ended up with an unbelievable number of tickets. Only about 20% of them stuck when it ended up in court, but I still ended up with a three page record. and it was nothing that could be helped, unless you memorized the law books and knew for a fact that the cops would lie to you.

For example...

one day, I was pulled over and issued a ticket for no front plate. I questioned the cop as to where I could put it, since there was no spot to mount it on the front. He told me to tape it to the inside of the windshield on the passenger side of the car, so I did. 3 days later, a different cop (still the same county sheriff dept though) pulled me over and issued me a ticket for no front plate, AND obstruction of vision because of where I had the plate. How is this right?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 06:49 AM

They always do that stuff, cops will always bring up some bs charge if they cant nail you for something else like speeding.. (illegal tint on cars etc) I've never been on roads with a sportbike so i cannot comment on that part.

I used to ride trails to the everglades on my dirtbike from home. Me and some friends always ran from cops on our dirtbikes, since they have no chance of catching us in the dirt.

One day we were at a gas station, cop pulls up out of no where. asks for license/registration from all 4 of us on our bikes. I dont know if he was stupid or what, I said nothing though, He wrote all of us up for no motorcycle endorsement. and one person for no helmet, which me.

since dirtbikes arent street legal here in florida,
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM

hey Kanwisch.....thanks for the support......your comment couldn't be more true....I don't know where these guys live but in my county we have way more to worry about than renegade motorcyclists or doughnuts for that matter! be safe and go ride....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode