Comparison of bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Comparison of bikes

As some might've read, I was recently in a dirtbike accident. Im fine now though, still in casts.

I decided to go ahead and plan on purchasing a bike again. Still have questions though..

I learned to ride/shift gears etc on a crf150 dirtbike. They probably have no where near the power of a sportbike. Can anyone who has ever rode a dirtbike and say a ninja 250, or a 600 comment on the differences?

Im more-so interested in acceleration, turning and shifting difference then anything else. Im sort of leaning towards a used ninja 250. which are very cheap, and in demand it seems. Mainly to learn on for a few months. Then move onto a 500 or 600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 10:42 PM

I'm temporarily living in Stuart and ride around there, look me up if you're up there or ride. I'd say 250 would be a good thing for your feet to get wet again after the accident. Anyway heal up soon.

What made you wanna get back so quick? I thought you were having second thoughts. Good to hear from you though and you wanna get back on the saddle again.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

We'll. im pretty much immobile. nothing to do but watch my friend ride his gsxr750 around =P

everyday I just think about riding.. dirtbike or street, I just love it =) The bike community seems really friendly/helpful, whereas the car one is mostly "yeah ill beat you in a race" etc heh

I think I may go with a 250 ninja, although I dont like the look, I can deal with it. Powersports down in delray has 2-3 used in stock atm.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Dad

Sounds like you're at least being reasonable about this. If it fits your budget, check out the EX-500's. Still tame enough for a learner but has the go to run higher speeds comfortably, too. You could tour the country on one.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Budget really isnt a main concern for me, Im just worried about bike being too fast to be honest. Im sure that'll change once i test ride one around the block though =P

One more thing about a 250, How do they sound?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Just a lil update.. Due to insomnia and lots of searching. I found:

2003 KAWASAKI EX250/NINJA250R
1350 miles
Full transferable warranty until April 2007. This bike is in perfect condition.
$2200.00 OBO

10 minute drive away..not from a dealership. I think I may have to go with this bike if it checks out alright, seems very reasonable price =P

what ya guys think? too good to be true? or fair =P
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 07:44 PM

It seems priced right, still, try pitching $2000 or $1800 or less, I've seen them go for a little better deals. so it's not too good to be true, though it is a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode