reason to start small - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

reason to start small

Witnessed first hand yesterday why people should start out on smaller bikes. I'm at training for my job and there was class of new highers having a class at the same time. During some breaks we all usualy go out back and stand at back door b.s.ing. Well one of the new highers is going off about he had just bought a new Honda 919 and it was his first bike dirt or strip. Someone told him to be carefull with it and he just blew them off and saw what ever I can do it. So at lunch break we're all staning out side again and he comes ripping by on it, stops and rips full throttle into the bike. Well the bike wheelies he freaks and hammers even harder on the throttle, the bike the proceeds to flip not once but 6 times dragging him along for the ride. When all is done he's lying there with road rash all over his hands both sides and his looks like anatomy photograph from highschool science classes. So people should just remeber this incident when they think they can handle a big bike for their first one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:24 PM

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 PM

Ain't spring just peachy?

Lots of people decide come spring that a rocket may just be the thing for a hobby. These people are the last people who should be operating a pair of scissors, let alone a race replica.

If seasonal temparature has anything to do with a person's decision to start riding, their driver's license should be permanently revoked.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 PM

In his case, it wasn't just big bike, it was plain stupidity. He could've done the same on a SV.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati

If seasonal temparature has anything to do with a person's decision to start riding, their driver's license should be permanently revoked.
And this comes from someone who is from Arizona.
I'm sorry but when its cold I leave the bike in the garage. My bike doesn't do so well on ice.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 06:09 AM

I ride my bike thru the winter, also in texas winters are pretty mild. First 2 seasons I had no choice, since I didnt have a cage.
Always slowed down winter time due to cold pavement, or snow and ice. mostly just commuted instead of riding. What always got me is how much better I got by the time summer rolled back around.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Dad

Re: reason to start small

Quote:
Originally posted by VoodooCFH
Witnessed first hand yesterday why people should start out on smaller bikes.....
So at lunch break we're all staning out side again and he comes ripping by on it, stops and rips full throttle into the bike. Well the bike wheelies he freaks and hammers even harder on the throttle, the bike the proceeds to flip not once but 6 times dragging him along for the ride. When all is done he's lying there with road rash all over his hands both sides and his looks like anatomy photograph from highschool science classes. So people should just remeber this incident when they think they can handle a big bike for their first one.
That's a good example of why you should start smaller. All of the original errors might have been made on any bike but once made, that thing went ape shit, as it's capable of doing. The smaller bike (EX-500 or less) may have startled him but everything it did after that would have been much more tame and may have been recoverable without all of the drama.

It's a shame to see but it happens all of the time. Everybody says they'll take it easy and some really mean it, but it's the errors that a new rider WILL make that start the trouble. The bigger bikes have the power to finish it... all too often in a BIG way. Start small and become a better rider, quicker.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 02:16 PM

makes my job.......

....that much more interesting........for me Spring and the new crop of riders equals job security!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 02:50 PM

because he was arrogant, hahahahahaha look at you (pointed finger) hahahaha you still have some shit in your teeth.

Hey everyone look, it's Pee Wee on a big bike. Looks like he needs a vespa

but I do hope that the idiot is OK. Fact of the matter is that it's not cool when anyone crashes especially when they have never rode before. that when the ego is so big he doesn't realize that he has NO SKILL. and it's because of assholes like that, our insurance rates are high.

I'll give you a dollar if you kick him in the nuts for that stupid stunt.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whitelightning
And this comes from someone who is from Arizona.
I'm sorry but when its cold I leave the bike in the garage. My bike doesn't do so well on ice.
First off, I'm not FROM Arizona. Just because I'm here now doesn't mean I've been in the AZ bubble my whole life. I know what cold is.

Unless there is precipitation, real riders ride. End of story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode