What does one headlight out mean? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Question What does one headlight out mean?

Can anyone tell me if there is any meaning for having one headlight out on a motorcycle? I live in NC, and I have seen a lot of riders with one headlight on the the other out. It can't be a coincidence that so many headlights are blown.

DeeLight
2005 ZZR60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:13 AM

They do not have one headlight out. One is the LOW beam, and the other is the HIGH beam. The only time you see them both on is when they are on HIGH beam.

...oh, if only I had a dime for everytime I had someone tell me I had a headlight out. my response has become quite generic.

" I could high beam you if you want me to."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:16 AM

I just started high beaming everyone.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 AM

Seems to be a fashion thing.

I first saw an R1 (long time ago) that had the front cowling covering one headlight. After that, it seemed like all the manufactures started making bikes that just use one for low and one for high (don't really know if both it used for high).

Personnally I don't like the one on one off look seems unbalanced, seems broken, seems like your trying to look cool by unpluging one side.

I would imagine night illumiation would suffer. Hope they go back to normal.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ddreg
Seems to be a fashion thing.

I first saw an R1 (long time ago) that had the front cowling covering one headlight. After that, it seemed like all the manufactures started making bikes that just use one for low and one for high (don't really know if both it used for high).

Personnally I don't like the one on one off look seems unbalanced, seems broken, seems like your trying to look cool by unpluging one side.

I would imagine night illumiation would suffer. Hope they go back to normal.

If illumination suffered, then ducatti, Suzuki, exc would not be going with 1 low with the single high right above it. They are all doing the same thing, just in a different way. Illumination does not suffer. The thing I love about the way my bike is set up... I can adjust the high and low beam indipendantly.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks for the info.

Thanks,

I didn't know that it was a mfg thing. My ZZR600 always has both lights on whether is low or high beam.

Deelight
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:58 PM

So does my Honda 929 & 954 so not ALL makers are going for low beam being one light out & high beam being both lights in operation.

Still when this one light started to appear on some makes so many salesmen were promising prospective customers that the dead bulb or light would be corrected-----not knowing the truth of the matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode