150mph? Where? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Question 150mph? Where?

I was just reading a thread about how fast people have gone on there bikes. I was wondering where people go to hit speeds of 120+, and what your reaction would be if you saw a cop at that speed(keep going pull over?). thanks

Guess I should change my name, not a poser anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 05:40 PM

I do it when going uphill for cops USUALLY do not watch out for speeders going up hill. Still who am I to say for on my Yamaha YZF600r I was in 4th & littling the revs sing away, with still more to go. Stopped at the light, into my town, saw the cage in front of me back up so I coasted back a bit only a white cage was there, then took a 2nd look & it was RCMP Hwy Patrol though nothing blinking.

Made that left turn killed my signal lights & RCMP behind me to hit all. Stopped & he had clocked me doing 179kph---around 110mph when speed limit was 90 to shift to 60kph--55 to 35mph.

Sometimes I just feel like letting it loose & I do it when I know the road well & all the ups & downs & bends in said road. My chance & my gamble. So I am still paying for the points of previous speeding tickets even though said speeding tickets were payed within the same or next day or two. As they are light compared to the points.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 06:41 PM

Out in the country, no people for miles. Nothing but you and the corn fields on a straight away in the midwest.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 09:37 PM

Like the time I got a speeding ticket for doing a claimed 117kph---70mph on a max 90kph--60mph slowing down to 80kph--50mph. When I said I was just going around the pace of there rest of the traffic & RCMP m/c Contstable said "What traffic?" & was right for nothing close to me yet really going slow, for my usual pace, as I knew in 5 minutes I would have cought up to some slow moving cages with just double yellow lines & so no passing. Fitting with "--Out in the country, no people for miles.--".

So sometimes such things do not work when they want to lay a ticket on a sportbike rider, even an old fart like me.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 10:26 AM

I just topped out my bike at WOT this morning. 144mph (with -1 +2 gearing. I have a speedo healer too so the speedometer is accurate). I might be able to hit 150 going downhill if I fully tuck in. When there's a long uphill stretch is a good place to do it to avoid cops like Smitty said, but of course you're using more gas and you won't max out your speed if that's what you're going for. Also I have seen cops waiting just past the crest of hill, so I usually slow down at the top.

Anyway, I did it on an interstate highway (287 for anyone who lives in NJ). Plenty of long straights on highways. If I passed a cop at that speed I doubt they would even bother pulling out, I haven't but some of the guys I ride with have passed cops and they just keep going. If you're doing 150 when you pass a cop sitting on the side of the highway, you're going to be miles ahead of him by the time he pulls out and gets up to speed. Then he has to go fast enough to catch up to you. Just duck off on the second or third exit if you see him start to move as you pass him.

Last edited by Unas_the_Slayer; 05-15-2005 at 10:29 AM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:48 PM

Thing is back in '77 I was only doing around 60mph when I went through a new speed zone of the hwy marked 50mph.

True the followed me claiming I clocked 71mph & then opened up to 120 mph & when I saw them I opened up to around 140mph for a 2.5 miles traffic chase with heavy traffic & also radioded ahead for blockage by another RCMP car.

Yes the '76 Honda CB-400F was a nice bike & obviously I had the fastest one every for when we tested the bike on the Westwood Road Racing Cirucuit with my heavy gear of the time I could not reach 85mph though a chap in his racing leather & 35lbs my lighter was able to reach 90mph.

So YES the cops can radio ahead so do not count on outruning them.

In my case I noted them crawling along & waved them by, but they did not & realized it was me they were after. Bummer for I had gone down to 4th gear to let the revs go up to 11 thou & just a short distance ahead I was going to do a heat check on the plugs & yes the improved rear shocks & better tyres were gripping for as the cops admitted in said chase(???) they did not pass any vehicles amongst the heavy traffic & neither did I to actually not only did I stay in the lane, but seemed to stick to the white shoulder line!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six months loss of DL, max fine fine at the time was all they could throw at me for from '46 till '77 I had never received even a parking ticket. So it seems the Magistrate concluded the bike had gone through at 71 mph & had gone up to 90mph. Slightely different to the report to the Sgt on duty would you not think? Note I am not saying anything about guns drawen, being hit in the back of the neck of the one saying "Another second of your f--cking around & I would have killed you" for that had to do about trying to converse with them when I could not get my FF helmet off IMMEDIATELY, & trying to loosen up my riding gear so I would not become to hot.

Last edited by Smitty; 05-15-2005 at 02:51 PM.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Thing is back in '77 I was only doing around 60mph when I went through a new speed zone of the hwy marked 50mph.

True the followed me claiming I clocked 71mph & then opened up to 120 mph & when I saw them I opened up to around 140mph for a 2.5 miles traffic chase with heavy traffic & also radioded ahead for blockage by another RCMP car.

Yes the '76 Honda CB-400F was a nice bike & obviously I had the fastest one every for when we tested the bike on the Westwood Road Racing Cirucuit with my heavy gear of the time I could not reach 85mph though a chap in his racing leather & 35lbs my lighter was able to reach 90mph.

So YES the cops can radio ahead so do not count on outruning them.

In my case I noted them crawling along & waved them by, but they did not & realized it was me they were after. Bummer for I had gone down to 4th gear to let the revs go up to 11 thou & just a short distance ahead I was going to do a heat check on the plugs & yes the improved rear shocks & better tyres were gripping for as the cops admitted in said chase(???) they did not pass any vehicles amongst the heavy traffic & neither did I to actually not only did I stay in the lane, but seemed to stick to the white shoulder line!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six months loss of DL, max fine fine at the time was all they could throw at me for from '46 till '77 I had never received even a parking ticket. So it seems the Magistrate concluded the bike had gone through at 71 mph & had gone up to 90mph. Slightely different to the report to the Sgt on duty would you not think? Note I am not saying anything about guns drawen, being hit in the back of the neck of the one saying "Another second of your f--cking around & I would have killed you" for that had to do about trying to converse with them when I could not get my FF helmet off IMMEDIATELY, & trying to loosen up my riding gear so I would not become to hot.
dude, i cannot understand what the heck you are saying.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by banse inc
dude, i cannot understand what the heck you are saying.
dude, you're about to get flammed.

perhaps you need to read it again, I understood fine.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 05-18-2005 at 01:09 AM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:14 AM

Around here there are plenty of lone country roads that have never seen a cop car.
As for passing a cop at that speed, I always think its not evading untill he turn his lights on. So if he actually gets to me and pulls me over, I'll pull over and ask to (please please please) not give me a ticket.
What worries me a whole lot more, is what do you do when you see a deer at that speed? I already know what happens when you see a buzzard...

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
...What worries me a whole lot more, is what do you do when you see a deer at that speed?...
Tuck down as far as you can and kiss your a**e goodbye!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode