Help with a bike price - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Help with a bike price

I've looked at all the 600 sportbikes and I've decided that the one that will fit me best is the Honda F4i CBR. I've posted my experience before and everyone agreed that I would be fine on this bike and that the 600 RR was probably too much for what I was looking for. I'm 6'0 and 188 lbs and this bike just feels real comfortable. I'm turning 40 so I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

I have been shopping around and trying to get a good price. I live in North Florida so bikes sell really well here and most places won't deal much. I did get what appears to be a pretty good offer and wanted to ask you guys what you think as I have no idea if I should keep looking.

The offer I received was for a New 2005 F4i in either Red or Silver for $8478.00 out the door. That includes disposal fee, processing fee and sales tax. That is what I write the check for and drive it away.

Sorry I did not post this in the Honda forum, but it doesn't look like much traffic is going on there and I'd like to get some answers pretty quick. I figured everyone drops by here.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me. A buddy of mine got a 05 R6 for 10,000 out the door, financed with 5000 down. So I am sure interest has something to do with it. See if they can throw in a extended warranty or a free helmet.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Corpse
Sounds like a good deal to me. A buddy of mine got a 05 R6 for 10,000 out the door, financed with 5000 down. So I am sure interest has something to do with it. See if they can throw in a extended warranty or a free helmet.
Is $10,000 really a good deal for an R6? Im planning on getting one next spring and i thought the msrp was like $8399.99? Sucks if i'll have to pay that much out the door, im saving to buy the bike cash and had in my head i would pay at the most $8400.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paniro
Is $10,000 really a good deal for an R6? ...
Depends on how you pay.

Financing.. maybe, cash, hell no, an R1 could be bought for that, give or take a few bucks.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 PM

For an f4i, not too bad. $10k for R6 heck no. I seen new busa on sale for $9k. Thats liter-bike money.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Strength and Honor

I agree the $10k was a rape for an R6. OTD here is $8k for them. That puts your F4i in the same ballpark.

Have you haggled? I don't think CBR's are in great demand (please correct me if I'm wrong!) so you should be able to squeeze something out of the dealership. Be sure to shop around (making sure the dealers know it), including internet sales from dealers close enough to consider.

If I were you, I'd ask for extras I know I want like frame sliders, installed, or a tank bag or other gear to be included.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting some quotes from several dealerships. This one is about an hour away. Another dealership was about $300.00 cheaper, but they are over 4 hours away. I may use that as a negotiation price.

I have not haggled the price at all yet. I just asked for an out the door cash price. I'm getting a quote on a new 2004 that someone has right here in town also. It's red and black and I'm not sure it's a color scheme that I care for as much as the red and silver.

Thanks for the advice. I have a little time to negotiate with them as I'm in no hurry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode