steering problems with 04 Maladin replica - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

steering problems with 04 Maladin replica

This is a copy of the an email that my riding partner sent me this morning. In it, he mentions my brother, who had an accident (wobble) while turning out of the apartment complex one morning. Is there something about (newer) bikes in the morning or is there a known issue with this bike and steering lock up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read:

“On the way to work this morning my steering seemed to lock up on me. I was wondering if your brother ever remembered exactly what happened to him. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it definitely has tightened up. I could barely turn corners. When I am at a stop light I can barely turn the front wheel side to side. I am going to call the dealership this afternoon.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 06:07 AM

Is it possible the wheels just slipped out from under him? You/He mentioned leaving in the morning. Tires cold, pavement cold/damp. May have felt like steering because of lean angle. Just wondering?

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

i was think along those lines for my brother and his mishap. i think he said he's started up the street a small bit after turning out. but as for my riding partner, i don't know what woulda caused it to lock up like that. i was speculating about the steering damper tightening up. i don't know...it's a brand new bike...under 600 miles.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:08 AM

low air pressure, cold tires, cold steering dampner fluid, slippery and cold roads..

could be a number of factors.. I doubt it isnt the bike..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 AM

Does it have an adjustable steering dampner, like a Scotts?

If so, its possible he bumped the dial and changed the settings. If it is turned up to the max, it would be very hard to turn.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Pretty hard to make any comment when it is almost 5th hand info.

One thing when you talk directly to the owner & the incident. Different when he puts it down in type & even way out of line when it is from someone else's reading & putting in in type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode