How about a 2005 RSV1000R ( I know I'am Hard Headed) - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
As I said before, you already have your mind made up so why bother asking any questions? Just buy the damn thing and find out for yourself already....it's what you're going to do anyway. Your attitude towards people on here who are trying to help you quite frankly sucks, and if you continue to be flippant in your posts the advice will dry up pretty damn quick. Check your ego at the door when you log on here, or it'll be checked for you.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:36 AM

he'll be dead soon anyway....with that attitude you need to buy alot of insurance so somebody will be happy when you are a coffin liner.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:48 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by yarbsea
he'll be dead soon anyway....with that attitude you need to buy alot of insurance so somebody will be happy when you are a coffin liner.
That is a bit harsh. Nobody wants the guy to die, which is why we give the advice we do. Some people are too egotistical to listen though. While the odds are against them, we do sincerely hope they prove us wrong.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:00 AM

Re: How about a 2005 RSV1000R ( I know I'am Hard Headed)

Quote:
Originally posted by manderso

I do have experience riding dirt bikes, but I really want an RSV and I will take what ever classes necessary to learn to respect it and ride it effectively.

Thanks,

manderso (5 '11, 285)

I know I have been here for a short time, but one thing is growingly obvious to me. Some people are rather ignorant.
(I am not calling you ignorant, but rather, those who make VERY nasty comments when you show interest in a 1 liter as your first streetbike. )

With That said...

Taking classes will only get you so far. The rest is up to you and your talent (or lack there of) and ballance. Riding dirtbikes got you 80% of the way through that. The transitional phase should go relativly easy.

1) Keep your feet ON the pegs.
2) Keep the front end DOWN.
3) merge common sense, auto safty, and what you know about riding together.

You already know how to ride. You already know what the bike could do to you if you abuse it. You already know about the rules of the road. Taking a safty course will orient you with the oversights you may or may not have had. (ie: proper lane position, riding in the rain, exc.) Most of the people who will tell you a liter bike is not a good bike to learn on has not payed attention to the fact that YOU ALREADY HAVE LEARNED. Now its just a matter of transitioning. that is a FACT.

Now the question you need to ask yourself is... are YOU a good enough rider to make that transition saftly on the bike you are looking at?

Do not rely on others to tell you how easy it would be for YOU to ride that bike... none of them know how well you can ride. Understand that ANY bike can hurt you, including dirtbikes. You will be fine if you use common sense.

Last edited by ZX6R1033; 04-20-2005 at 08:03 AM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 AM

in the future... when you ask for advice... GIVE ALL THE INFO.... people can only advise on what they know...

Quote:
[B]First of all, I didn't ask you if I should or shouldn't buy a literbike!

I asked if anyone knew how easy it was to learn to ride on the RSV1000 R (Mabe you mis-understood my question, I wanted to know how hard is it to adjust to the bikes power and handling, is it easy or not, and your experiences) .
Quote:
I have read all the posts with you guys going back and forth about what bikes to start out with. I am well aware of all your "start small" advice. I appreciate your warning, but I don't need someone telling me what I can't do, or how my hard head will hit pavement![\QUOTE]
then you should have known that there would be some flack so why get so up set about it?
[QOTE]Again my question was how easy or hard is it to learn how to ride the RSV. I am not talking about how to ride a bike (Step 1...) because I already know how do that.[\b] I was referring to it's ridability and how it handles in every day situations. Most of your advice is about peaky bikes that can take you by surprise, and all the other advice you think we "begginers" are to stupid to know in the first place, like which way to turn the throttle or how hard to sqeeze the front brake. I mean, come on guys, any dumb @ss who has rode a bmx bike knows if you clutch the Hell out of the front brake you forhead will meet pavement. That was just an example. [\QUOTE]
If you ALREADY know how to ride... then why the Beginner class?

and your compaing brembo brakes to those on a BMX? maybe your head DOES need to hit the ground to clear things up... sportbike breaks aren't like normal motorcycle breaks... you only need to fingers worth of force to lock'm up... in some cases one finger... can't do that on a bmx.... what they were try'n to warn you is that on that big a bike... if your LEARNING to ride.... you can get into trouble extreemly quickly...

we'd all hate to see another rider get hurt because he wasn't advised of what to do in the begining... but with that attitude... no ones gonna care for long.... unless it's about distroying a beautiful bike like that.... but that's just my you can ignor me or get pissed at me and flame on... pissing off quite a few people and loosing SBW as a information resource... or calm down... sit back and relax... and share your ideas, thoughts, experiences, in an ADULT manner and people will do the same for you...

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

That's funny how you care so much about me, but look forward to me dieing. Wow!

Didn't expect that.

At any rate thanks for the vote of confidence. To bad I'm not one to let words even half way phaze me. Besides I already spoke with someone from the Aprilia section of this forum who owns one and is giving me really good advice about the bike, so thanks for nothing yarbsea.

You guys are making it seem like I'm still asking about a liter or not! I am clearly asking about this particular bike, geeze man.

Wish me bad luck death or what ever, it's okay cause I'll be just fine.

If people in this world always responded to haters telling them what can't be done we would still be in the middle ages.

And I don't have a bad attitude or an ego, i simply asked a question and expected a decent answer, not you gonna die, your gonna fall, your so stupid.

Guys look, give advice by all means, but when someone chooses a certain side, don't attack them, simply try to support them and give them the best chance to succeed at there decision.

With you guys it's like if you don't choose to go small, you treat people like they have commited a felony.

by the way, thanks
ZX6R1033
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you ALREADY know how to ride... then why the Beginner class?
Just to make sure I get it all right on the big bike, no reason not to.

Quote:
and your compaing brembo brakes to those on a BMX? maybe your head DOES need to hit the ground to clear things up... sportbike breaks aren't like normal motorcycle breaks... you only need to fingers worth of force to lock'm up... in some cases one finger... can't do that on a bmx.... what they were try'n to warn you is that on that big a bike... if your LEARNING to ride.... you can get into trouble extreemly quickly...
Don't put words in my mouth, it was an example. The concept is the same. It was an example... I know that they are completely different, besides I am so sure Brembo does not make BMX brakes. I'm sure it's all about touch depending on the bike and the brakes.

My things is give advice not critisism (this is not to you Ebbs15, just in general) if someone is asking about braking riding or what ever, don't say:

"Go small or you will die", simply state, "bigger more powerful bikes are touchy with the brakes so take it easy because it does not take much to lock them up"

I have seen people on here hope people die because you don't go the way they want, instead of giving you pointers on how to succeed.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

For those who are curious, here is the input I got so far from a guy name (Pete) who has experience on RSV's. From the Aprilia section of this forum.

Quote:
They have a pretty wide powerband which is pretty smooth. Its a twin so
there is plenty of power throughout. Twins don't tend to scare the hell
out of you like an inline 4 will when you get into the upper RPMs. A
good description I heard once was that you drive a twin but you ride an
I-4. Meaning that you are in control on the twin and just along for the
ride on the I-4.

Around 7k there is a pretty fun surge in power but not so much that its
a handful.

Last edited by manderso; 04-20-2005 at 09:00 AM.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
I have seen people on here hope people die because you don't go the way they want, instead of giving you pointers on how to succeed.

Giving up when someone won't listen, and wanthing someone to die are two completely different things. This thread is going nowhere, and you've already indicated that you are getting help elsewhere.

Thread closed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode