Riding Time? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Question Riding Time?

Wassup, I'm new to the sport. I read all the advice about getting a first bike. I start my saftey class on may 31. Im going for the basics and then the extra $85 for intermed. I have no idea what first bike i'm getting (500cc for sure). My question is how long should I ride before upgrading to a CBR 6RR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 01:23 PM

That will depend upon you & how confident you feel on your 500. Could be later this season or possibly the next though you want to explore the full ability of the 500 like in town, on the back roads, the highways & such. So my guess would be next season.

Remember after the 600 then all you can do is go for a better 600 or you might have latched onto the best & that would then mean a 1000. So thing is let us say one season on the 500, one season on the 600, & one season on the 1000.

So the questions is what is next as you have gone the limit. I guess I would be in deep trouble for this is the start of my 59th year of riding.

I had an '87 Yamaha TZR-250 & sold it last yr, a '91 Suzy GSXR-750 in 92 & sold it in '00, a '97 Yamaha YZF600r & still have it as well as the 929 & added the 954 to the three bikes in my garage. Prior to that many bikes & more then I can think of. So you might want to hang onto some bikes longer to even switching around a bit. It is not a page by page thing otherwise you come to the end by the third of fourth page in riding life.

Last edited by Smitty; 04-15-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode