looking for first bike....i know been asked a thousand times - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Post looking for first bike....i know been asked a thousand times

i am 20yrs old and looking to get my first bike....i have ridden many atvs and a few dirt bikes, and decided that i want a sport bike...i know everyone says start out with a cheap small bike etc, but i dont want a POS for my first bike, i consider myself to be very responsible in/on anything, unlike 90% of my friends i never once wrecked my yamaha blaster which had significant mods, i also have a 90 ford mustang 5.0 which i have also been very careful in, i have no tickets and no accidents, i was looking for something around 600cc, a friend of mine has a 97cbr600f3 and i was thinking this was about the type of bike i wanted, i dont need or want an extremely fast bike, but at the same time i dont want the slowest sport bike on the road, also i was wondering as far as gear i know i will always wear a helmet and probably a jacket, but are riding pants really something that i need to have on everytime i ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 12:14 AM

600 is a 600

Really a less powerfull 600 can keep up with a more powerfull one, depends on rider skill. Sit on some, find out what you feel most comfortable on. Decide which looks best to you. Be careful out there.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

yeah i know that i need to be careful, i have a lot fo friends who have been riding for years so i have plenty of help, i really want a bike with full fairings, as long as its in decent shape i wouldnt mind buyin a 93-97 bike, partially because the insurance will be cheaper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode