Faster - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Faster

Hello,
I was wondering which bike is quicker, the CBR F4, or the R6? What about the CBR1000, or the R1? Assuming the same rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 09:39 AM

Whichever one is painted red is the fastest. Also, the SUIT you wear will make a difference. Armani is pretty fast, like all things Italian...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 09:47 AM

Depends on which rider. The honda will likely be faster in the hands on a less expirienced.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

I only were the suit when I ride three blocks to work jacky. I was wondering because I was challenged to a race, but since I am a novice I decided that I was not going to get highschooled into it. I am also considering getting the CBR1000 next season, so I thought I would ask both questions now and get them out of the way.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 10:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Why not just buy a busa or zx12 if you`re concerned about drag racing?

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 10:40 AM

You can just ignore me today. I am feeling slightly bitter because the front tire I had ordered over a week ago has not even been shipped, plus I could not ride my bike into work.

Look, everyone out there is different, with their mental and physical abilities and all. All we know of someone on this board is what we read in posts. You may be a level headed guy in real life, but when you, admittedly a novice, ask a question which bike would be faster, that immediately sends off a alarm, even if you are not one. You opened yourself up for a cheap shot, and you got it.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Veektor,
I didn't join this thread so some nerd could take cheap shots at me. I simply asked a question. That is why the thread is titled NEW RIDERS. Grow up.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Hey its a bike forum. more cheap shots than teenage girls at a boyband concert.
Dont get all butthurt just couse you got one. Just aim and fire back.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 12:22 PM

I wouldn't worry to much about getting the "fastest" bike.

It won't matter if your on a busa or a 12. If your new to things, I'am sure someone like dad will smoke you in the twisties on a 250 ninja.

If your just going in a straight line, then why bother with someonthing like a CBR1000. Everyone can do that and if that's your thing get a busa or kawasaki 1200. Put a turbo and extended swing arm on it.

a ninja 636 05 is the fastest 600 bike though
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 PM

Sort like guessing due to condition the bike is in, the experience of the rider & the weight of the rider? Once you have all those figured out then you have a better chance. Also are we talking about long straights or a maze of bends along with ups & downs?

After all a firm will gol to great expenses to offer a bit with 4 lbs off it since last yr & a good example would be the Honda 929 at dry wt of 374lbs Vs the 954 with only 370 lbs though a bit better in power & torque. So you have a lot of things to look at. If this means which bike you will buy then it is up to you.

Still if you are going to take on someone for a race what sort of race? Like a drag race, racing in the streets, racing on the hwys with long staights or lots of bends, or would it be at a Track Day & that is where you can really find out. In my 58 yrs of riding the only time I actually raced anyone was more then on & that would be in MXing, Cross Country, Flat Tracking & Road racing.

On a few occasions I have scooted out on the hwy, not to race, but since I usually had the fastest of bikes others had a speed they wanted to see if they could reach & between our two speedos we could pretty well decide that yes he was doing 90mph (his aim) on his big bore Harley as I would be on a 500cc, very highly tuned, I knew could clock a bit over 110mph.

Your idea of a CBR1000 next is a good move I will agree.

Last edited by Smitty; 04-08-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode