Thanks guys - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys

Just wanted to thank Smitty and the rest of the bike veterans out there for their patients with all of us newbs and our questions. It seems like every other thread i read Smitty is explaining to another new guy why they should stay away from 600cc+ four bangers. again thanks for your patients man. not to long ago i had my heart set on a newer 600 sportbike and after reading this forum and other articles, taking the MSF course, and also hearing all the bad stories about newbies getting themselves into trouble, ive thought otherwise. you gota learn to crawl before you walk. besides theres a lot more to motorcycling and sportriding than lookin badass and trying to go as fast as possible right away. so not to long after i stop bein a lazy ass and get a job again ill be getting a twin 500 of some kind. thank you all again for your honest, educated opinions and the patients all you vets have had with us all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 PM

That is a nice Thank You M3GTR5 & I am sure the board & others on it will appreciate it.

So hope you come up with a decent 500cc vertcial twin as a bike to START learning on & after a season on it you will know EXACTLY what to go for next & know if you want it new or used & in the latter you will have a much better ideal what to look-out for in wear & such.

We will be more happy to hear what you finally purchased for your first bike.

Last edited by Smitty; 04-07-2005 at 07:42 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 02:57 PM

Talking ....don't take us wrong......

....something that I would add for all of the newer guys is this; It's not that we don't think you can handle the bike and it's power...it's everything else that you have to deal with, when you're new or inexperienced, while you're handling that power!

...something one of my instructors said; "Boys, just when I think I am getting a pretty good grasp on this sport, something bigger jumps out in front of me!" Be safe and go ride.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM

That is a police officer talking to you endleswavz. One of the two RCMP Constables that teaches h/guns & Lazer use, works out in the same gym.

We were chatting the usual (he has to contact me when they want to use the range, just officially, for they do have the keys to the range, as I am the h/gun director-instructor at our Club). So he comes up with this bit that I thought was so darn fitting. "We have to watch the 5% in case they step out of line" meaning the other 95% of the Cdns will obey the law.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:35 PM

Question

So you guys know each other?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 AM

In general speaking terms & sometimes in a business way if he wants to use a different day for some training or trying out something for in that way, as the range is fully fenced with a gate that only RCMP & Sheriff's Dept have, along with range officers or directors.

They might be wanting to try out something & we make sure the rest of us are seperated.

I have never shot along with him, though have done so when I accidently bumpted into a three of the ERT (they were in a deep gully & such rapid fire I had to check---turned out to be a H&K MP3, also a factory modified AR-16 for 9mm along with their P-226 semi-autos & an error in that being members hours & not that of the RCMP or okayed by me) & sometimes the Sgt would shoot with us.

Also our town Sgt use to shoot with us (the new town Sgt that came in with the words of "Only the Police & Army should have h/guns" only changed his outlook due to the way I ran the range plus the sensible & safe handeling of f/arms by the members) a lot & would bring along other RCMP Constables all with privately purchased or reloaded ammo & in most cases being personally owned h/guns.

Said small time town Sgt, that I got along so well, progressed to Staff Sgt in Kelowna city yet use to come south to shoot with us due to our safety in shooting methods. Retired now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode