New bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

New bike

I'm looking for a bike although I'm not necessarliy a new rider. I had a 94' cbr 600f2 back in 95'. Kept it a year and sold to concentrate on other interests. I have a bike license and have been riding manual clutch sport quads for the last 10 years. I just haven't been on a bike in the last 10 years.
Now I'm a big guy(6'1" 245 lbs). I have considered a suzuki sv650 or 1000, honda 919 or another sportbike. I see others recommend the 500's to beginners (kinda small for someone my size). What are your opinions? I realize I'm going to be rusty, just not brand new. Thanks guys...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:25 PM

What you have in mind would be good bikes for you to purchase & ride.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 02:53 AM

A sport touring bike may be more comfortable for someone of your size. The Suzuki SV650 and 1000 as you mentioned are nice. Kawasaki ZZR600 and 1200 are good enough to keep up with the sportbikes. Yamaha got the YZF600.R(not to be mistaken with YZF-R6) and FJR1300. Honda.....I dunno

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 03:00 AM

I got some friends your height and weight they cramp up riding my R6 too long. They felt more comfy on the bikes I just mentioned. If they were interested in sportbike like performance. Too bad they like cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode