>Helmet, how much did yours cost?? Where can i get a good one. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

>Helmet, how much did yours cost?? Where can i get a good one.

Hey all, im getting a helmet this week or the next. Their are some at the local bike shops, but i just wanted to find out a little more b/f i buy one.

How much did you spend? How much does a decent one normally cost.

I just want a normal, all black one. Not too expensive, i was looking to spend around 80~100 bucks. Is that about right? Any shop online i could look at them?

Thx, later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 03:47 PM

Helmet

How about kicking the helmet budget up to $200 and you can get a KBC VR-1 with cool graphics and neat shape. Or under $150 and select the HJC CL-14 or the Icon Alliance. All are Snell and DOT certified so they are safe. Try going to www.helmetharbor.com for a spin. They offer a wide range. Good luck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 07:14 PM

I have to agree that you might want to increase your helmet budget a bit. I spent 500 on an Arai RX7 replica. Now obviously you don't need to go all the way like i did but i'd say 200-300 will get you a good quality helmet. Definately make sure its dot and more importantyl Snell approved. It's one of if not the most important piece of safety gear and not something I would recommend skimping on.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 06:42 PM

Yeah helmetharbor.com is a good site to get helmets and plus they got free shipping
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 07:46 AM

Helmuts

!st the best helmuts are Snell approved next composit shells
are better than molded . then comfort & wind noise. pay what u have to.

Ride safe don't test it
Bill Teller

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:34 AM

All good info so far but most importantly get a helmet that fits correctly . No matter how much coin you drop if it is too loose you've wasted your money and put your dome at risk in a crash.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Hey, Thanks for the great replys.

I think i decided on one. I just want an all-black one. What are some Tips and Pointers that i should think about when i get it in the ext day or so. Like Rule-of-thumb for fitment? I think im an XL. I tried a medium, and i felt like i was gona die. I tried a XL, and it was good over-all fitment. Still snug, with little movement.

Also, If i wanted to Tint the visor, how might i go about doing it? Thanks a lot.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 02:08 AM

make sure it doesn't shift around

grab your helmet and twist it firmly horizontally and vertically, if it shifts, it's not for you.

also, make sure there's no pain anywhere on your head.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

I bought a helmet!!! w00t!!!

I bought the HJC CL-14 in red. Oh how i love it. I got a medium, and it fits so perfect. Everything fits so well, i noticed a big difference in how fitment/quality went up with price. I originally just went there to get a regular 90 dollar black one. But this one is way better, looks cooler and is Snell Approved. Plus all the little vents are "neat". I dont think i could of ordered a helmet online, because fitment is very important, and it changed with every manufacturer. So it cost 10 dollars more at this place, but i think it was well worth it to find something perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!! All i have to do now is get a bike...lol
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Quote:
Originally posted by GoTime242
I bought a helmet!!! w00t!!!

I bought the HJC CL-14 in red. Oh how i love it. I got a medium, and it fits so perfect. Everything fits so well, i noticed a big difference in how fitment/quality went up with price. I originally just went there to get a regular 90 dollar black one. But this one is way better, looks cooler and is Snell Approved. Plus all the little vents are "neat". I dont think i could of ordered a helmet online, because fitment is very important, and it changed with every manufacturer. So it cost 10 dollars more at this place, but i think it was well worth it to find something perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!! All i have to do now is get a bike...lol
it's funny, but most people think they need an XL, but medium is more likely a good fit.

for me, i try helmets on, find one that really tight, but doesn't give me a head ache. that's the one.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode