Listen to music while riding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Question Listen to music while riding?

Hey all. I dont have a bike yet. But ive been wondering about something. Do any of you guys listen to musci while you ride? Like an mp3 player, or cd player at all?

I know this is unsafe, and you will prob call me a squid or newb or something. But i love listening to music while i drive, it "motivates" me. Might not be the best idea on a bike. But what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:20 AM

Personally while riding a m/c I need all my concentration on the road & traffic so no music to me YET my forms of music are very important to me. This concentration is probably why I have rarely had a m/c accident in 50 plus yrs of riding.
I will allow it in my truck, but then it is with the volumn down very low & besides a cage is self balancing compared to two wheels of a m/c. Still I might do something different to most when driving my truck. Rarely carry a passenger & ONLYchap I do (which is about once every other week) is a fellow h/gun member ---we rarely chat in the truck & what he does is call out the blind side for the safety of us both. Prior to the range, at the range or at his home we yatter a lot about reloads, Govt, etc.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:23 AM

Personally while riding a m/c I need all my concentration on the road & traffic so no music to me YET my forms of music are very important to me. This concentration is probably why I have rarely had a m/c accident in 50 plus yrs of riding.
ALSO a MUST to save one's ears, while riding a m/c I have ear plugs in my ears to tone down the extreme noises from the winds.
I will allow it in my truck, but then it is with the volumn down very low & besides a cage is self balancing compared to two wheels of a m/c. Still I might do something different to most when driving my truck. Rarely carry a passenger & ONLYchap I do (which is about once every other week) is a fellow h/gun member ---we rarely chat in the truck & what he does is call out the blind side for the safety of us both. Prior to the range, at the range or at his home we yatter a lot about reloads, Govt, etc.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:49 AM

I listen to my Sony Mp3 player through my Chatter box when I ride. I listen to a wide range of music depending on the mood im in from Bob Marley to Dr Dre to Miles Davis. I also use the system to talk to other riders I ride with.

If you are new I wouldn't recommend it until your comfortable on the bike. But I would say don't do it if you can't talk on the phone while you drive a car.

In my Truck it's a different situation though. I regularly drive while I watch a DVD or the news and if thats not on I have a 12" sub behind me sending waves through the car!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 08:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i listen to music all the time, it's made by my leo vince.

music+new rider=not fun lessons. keep your ears and mind clear. the sounds of a motorcycle are all you need.

i didn't believe when i first started street riding. first ride, i knew i didn't need a radio at all.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

See, thats the thing. I know i wont be doing this for a while untill im comfortable on the bike. Or even untill i can afford one after i get the bike, lol.

But i cant not listen to music while i drive my mr2 turbo now, just doesnt feel right. Even though i do love the sound of 15 psi

Well anyway, i see some do, some dont. Thats just what i was looking for. Thanks a lot guys.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:19 AM

I recently got a Sony Mini-disk specifically for long trips on my bike. I too run it through my Chatterbox. It's great in that I can record 5 hrs of tunes on each disk.....it's impossible to change a disk an ride at the same time.

Riding across the prairies or on a "interstate" can get very boring so the music helps keep me alert. Once the riding gets technical, or in heavy traffic, I prefer total conentration.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 07:10 AM

I'll listen to music when I'm just droning along on a freeway ride. I just have an old discman that I keep in the tankbag and use the earphones that fit into my ears.

I won't do it when I'm riding the twisties. I would rather be able to hear the motor/exhaust.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 08:56 AM

I also listen

Hey all,

I find that the wind is so loud through my helmet that using earphones and playing MP3 on my ipaq keeps me focus. Depending on my mood, I may listen to jazz, reggae, pop or hardcore rap. My only thing is that I won't be able to hear the bike so if there is a problem or if I need to shift, I have to look at the gauges, or feel the bikes vibration. out.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

I am the same way, music keeps me on focus, keeps me alive while im driving. Otherwise i sort of start to "daydream" and just look out the window or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode