New CBR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

New CBR

I just bought my first bike today. I've taken rider course after rider course and saftey course after saftey course. I am pretty "able" with the bike. Still taking it slow, around the hood, and keeping to open areas let me get a feel.

BUT...that all said. I bought an '03 CBR600f4i. I think it's a good start out bike. Especially according to the salesman.

I am interested in a couple of things:

The bike currently is black and silver. And sometime soon I am painting it all black (flat black maybe any suggestions?).

But what are some good exhaust systems? I am not worried about price at all.

Nice body components? tail and carbon fiber products?

i am trying to do all black and maybe some red like Gauges? anything out there red looks nice

black helmet i have but i want black helmet with red visor? any clue?

i guess thats it for now! any help i'd appreciate it much thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:15 PM

Thumbs up

Good choice on the ride. You don't really need the 600RR. The F4i is probably a more smoother ride and more than manic enough for those times when you just need to open up a can of whoop ass. I have an 01 F4i in Sil/Blk and my 16,000 miles have been a joy! No serious issues, just take care of the bike and change those tires. My end can is a Jardine RT-One Race slip on. Not very loud down low but when it winds past 8k RPM it get nicety! I've also put on hecka gadgets within the past 1.5 years so I'll try to post a pic when I can figure it out. Cool coo!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 03:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Re: New CBR

Quote:
Originally posted by SecondMethod
I just bought my first bike today. I've taken rider course after rider course and saftey course after saftey course. I am pretty "able" with the bike. Still taking it slow, around the hood, and keeping to open areas let me get a feel.

BUT...that all said. I bought an '03 CBR600f4i. I think it's a good start out bike. Especially according to the salesman.
not all salesmen are good sources of information. his best interest is lining his pockets and most only think of today's sale.

Quote:
I am interested in a couple of things:

The bike currently is black and silver. And sometime soon I am painting it all black (flat black maybe any suggestions?).
flat black is cool, but avoid painting it for the first year. trust me. minor tip-overs are common.

Quote:
But what are some good exhaust systems? I am not worried about price at all.
price not an issue--ti force and akropovic. price is kind of an issue, m4 or leo vince (my favorite medium priced-pipes). wow, they're a lot more than i thought--hindle (great power, great price).

Quote:
Nice body components? tail and carbon fiber products?
undertails are nice, ask around, quality varies quite a bit.

Quote:
i am trying to do all black and maybe some red like Gauges? anything out there red looks nice
i think eurobikes.com sells inserts.

Quote:
black helmet i have but i want black helmet with red visor? any clue?
how old is the helmet? if it's new model, they'll sell differing kinds of visors depending on helmet. a red tint would actually have some pluses. should accent brake lights well. if it's an old helmet, buy a new helmet. trust me. old helmets are a great way to get hurt.

Quote:
i guess thats it for now! any help i'd appreciate it much thanks!
good luck.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 12-04-2002 at 03:08 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 03:27 PM

OK here's my ride.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:05 PM

One never knows when they get the itch to sell the bike they have AND it could actually be a financial or family problem.
If the bike has been REPAINTED others look upon it as a bike that has been damaed in a crash UNLESS they know you personally.
Remember to if you are about to sell the bike all your goodies on the bike will not be the reason a prospective buyer might look at it for what you want might not be what they would put on.
Just a friendly tip from one that has sold a LOT of m/cs privately & from m/c shops --- the easiest to sell are the bikes in STOCK form & not repainted.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:09 PM

One never knows when they get the itch to sell the bike they have AND it could actually be a financial or family problem.
If the bike has been REPAINTED others look upon it as a bike that has been damaed in a crash UNLESS they know you personally.
Remember to if you are about to sell the bike all your goodies on the bike will not be the reason a prospective buyer might look at it for what you want might not be what they would put on.
Just a friendly tip from one that has sold a LOT of m/cs privately & from m/c shops --- the easiest to sell are the bikes in STOCK form & not repainted.
Lastely Tony is 100% correct in that m/c dealers are not to good on what one should be buying as a lst bike other then selling ANOTHER new m/c which is money in their pocket.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Lastely Tony is 100% correct in that m/c dealers are not to good on what one should be buying as a lst bike other then selling ANOTHER new m/c which is money in their pocket.
As always, Smitty has just offered you some excellent advice! If you are not planning on testing your skills at the track, or not keeping this bike for a while, you should keep the original paint and bodywork! The F4i is a very capable and good looking bike as it stands, and you don't want to invest a whole lot of money into aftermarket parts. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN IT'S TIME TO SELL OR TRADE! Trust me, I had to learn that the hard way
I think your money would be best spent on a slip-on (looks and sound), frame sliders (protect your bike from in the event of a tip-over or crash), and an aftermarket windscreen (functional and better looks). I suggest spending the extra money on the BEST gear you can afford!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Cool Thanks

Yeah the more I think about it. I think I might take that advice. I imagine I will have this bike for a year at most and maybe swith over to a little something bigger cc wise. A lot of people have recomended the same thing to me about not re-painting. I'll take the "people's" advice. You guys know hell of a lot more than I do anyway. Thanks for all the great responses!

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode