Suzuki RF600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Suzuki RF600

Hi,
I'm looking to get my first bike. I don't have much $$$ so I am looking for bikes under the $3000 range. I have seen some 92-93 GSXR 600s and one 95 RF600 for around $2400. I have heard that the GSXRs from back then are not very good bikes. I have not heard anything about the RF600 though. Anyone own one or knows anything of them? Would it be a good beginner bike?

Thanks
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 11:55 PM

I have an rf600, a bmw k1100rs, a 75 moto morini and a Ducati ST4. I ride the RF alot. It's a great bike and not at all common. The seating position is comfy and the bike handles great. I would highly recomend getting a yoshi slip on for it. It makes a huge difference. They tend to have a pretty big flat spot between 4000 and 6000 rpm's but a good slip on will eliminate that problem (and it will make it sound very cool!) for that price range you will not be dissapointed. Let me know if you want more info about the bike. they are rare and information about them is a little hard to come by.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 06:41 AM
elo

Thumbs up

From everything I've heard, they are great bikes, especially as first bikes.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 07:53 AM

The RF's are pretty good, one of my closer riding buddies up at school rides a 94.

I would also suggest considering a CBR F2.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 10:06 PM

Re: Suzuki RF600

Quote:
Originally posted by RacerJim
Hi,
I'm looking to get my first bike. I don't have much $$$ so I am looking for bikes under the $3000 range. I have seen some 92-93 GSXR 600s and one 95 RF600 for around $2400. I have heard that the GSXRs from back then are not very good bikes. I have not heard anything about the RF600 though. Anyone own one or knows anything of them? Would it be a good beginner bike?

Thanks
Jim

I' am moving soon and need to sell my 1998 gsxr-600. Give me a call and we'll work something out. 404-822-3352 or send me an email: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode