Whats a good price for a 2003 YZF600r? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Whats a good price for a 2003 YZF600r?

I'm new here but I have been trolling this board on and off for a few months now. I just made it back statside (I'm military and lived in Germany for the last 3 years) and I will be ready to buy a bike in about 3 months. I never rode a bike before so the MSF course is a must for me. I already checked on the price and dates in my area and it will be $150 and 3 days of my time. I have also read all of the new rider threads and I wanna get a new YZF600r. I'm 6' and weigh about 210lbs so no starting on 500 ningas for me. I am 26 years old too so I think I can handle the responsiblity of a 600cc bike. I'm not cosidering a supersport 600 (ie. zx6r, cbr600rr, r6, gsxr600) for cost and safety reasons. But I was wondering what would be a good price for a new 2003 YZF600r? I am planning on having at least $6,000 cash on hand when I get to the dealer. Do you think if I offered 6 g's cash money up front he'll let me walk out the door with a new bike with all the fees (ie. tax title, registration) included. The msrp is $6,999 for a new one so thats a little more than $1,000 off msrp. Or would $6,500 out the door be more realistic? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 02:18 AM

Very Good pick for a 1st bike.

If they take your offer run with it, I don't think you'll do that well until late in the season but the worst they can say is NO.

They havn't changed in 4 years so look for a older 6r and you'll get a new 6 for that price.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 08:55 AM

As pointed above the YZF600r has not changed, bar price, for some time & I have one of the originals of '97. If I lost that bike I would go for another YZF600r, but here in Cdn the price is almost 9 grand (so I was told some months ago) plus taxes. Doubt if you will nail a new one at 6 grand, so look around for a slightly used one.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 08:13 AM
bob

Probably more like $6500 out the door for an '03, but there are quite a few new 02's still on dealer floors around here marked at $5900. You should be able to get out the door for somewhere close to $6k on an '02. Same bike.
Good pick for a first bike - when you're ready for quicker, mods can speed up a 600R pretty cheap, and then you'll only be hampered by the extra weight a 600R carries. That's not necessarily a bad thing though - it actually rides kinda nice on longer trips being a little heavy. You can also shed a good bit of weight by changing out the exhaust.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:37 PM

Wink

I've got the same bike your looking at. Mine is a 02 in
the blue and white. I bought mine back in June. It was
my first bike and I really didn't know how to make a
deal with a new bike, so I pretty much paid full retail
for it. Although, I did ask for a free helment and got a
nice HJC helment at no cost. As for the bike, it's a
outstanding bike. I love mine. It's so much fun to ride.
I've already got 5,000 miles on it and have had no
problems at all. As for getting a 03 out the door for
6grand? Well, I don't think it's going to happen. The
full retail is 6999.00 It's way to early. The season
for 03's will just be starting and the dealers will try
to get full retail. If you want a 03 you might wait till
later in the spring or early summer and they will
probably deal with you somewhat. You may still find
a 02 out the door including tax for 6grand since the
dealers are eagar to unload them. BTW I saw a new
03 YZF 600R in the dealer showroom. It was in the
liquid silver color and looked Bad Ass!!!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeter-YZF
BTW I saw a new
03 YZF 600R in the dealer showroom. It was in the
liquid silver color and looked Bad Ass!!!

Thats the color I wanna get. Thanks for all fo the replies. I figured that if I was going to get one for 6 g's out the door it would have to be a '02. The local dealer does have a black one which I know is an '02 cause I think for '03 all they have is sliver and blue. But 6,500 is probably what I'm looking at if I get a sliver '03. My big selling point was that I was going to pay cash up front which I was hoping to get a big discount for. I'll keep you guys informed as to what I get.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 05:35 PM

in Feb of this year i got my '02 for $6100 before taxes, good luck this is a great bike, i'm the same age and size as you and i haven't had any problems with it, its a very comfortable bike, even with two up.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 11:19 AM

Talking buying new 600r

I bought an 02' black yzf6r last month and i love it! I paid 5800 for it , knowing that they had to make some room for the 03's. I would say if u want a gr8 price like mine get an 02' instead of an03'. I do like that silver color though. Don't forget to ask them to throw in a helmet or something with the deal. If they want your money they will do it. Also save some money for some gear cause u definately will need some. Anyway, gr8 choice of bike and hope u get and pay what u want. Later and good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode