Custom Fairings (AKA Plastics) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Angry Custom Fairings (AKA Plastics)

I've searched about a hundred times for any internet retailers that sell custom fairings for a 1999 Suzuki GSX600F Katana and haven't found a single one. I just bought the bike used from some idiot that decided to spray paint the stock fairings and, in that same process, lost a good bit of the mounting hardware. What an idiot!!! But I got a good price, so I'm not too pissed.

Anyway, if anybody has any info on a good shop for aftermarket/custom fairings, please let me know.

Thanks,

- John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 10:21 PM

check out, http://www.motorcyclebodywork.com/

they may not have anything specific for the bike except replica factory bodywork, but if you see anything that looks cool it would be possible to fabricate custom brackets to put it on, and they could tell you the possibility of fitting it on your bike,

otherwise you could get a book on fibreglass and build your own,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 09:29 AM
elo

Arrow

You could also try motorcycle salvage yards for used (but not spraypainted) OEM bodywork. There are tons of them online.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 09:40 AM

ok maybe its me, but if you get new body pieces don't they need to be painted anyway. why not just sand down the old ones and have them repainted? mounting hardware is easy to replace, if its just bolts and screws just go to lowes and get them, if its brackets get them from ebay. if the fairings are damaged then I can see where your coming from
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode