Insurance Question!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Insurance Question!!

I've heard many things about insurance on bikes. I don't know specific laws and I know it's different between states, but what is the law?

I live in WA and I've talked to a few riders who don't carry insurance on any of there bikes. Is this normal and/or legal? Anything will help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:28 AM

Many motorcycle dealers have someone there who deals with insurance. Go to one and see if they can tell you what the local laws are.

I can tell you that many insurance places give you dicounts for things like having an alarm on your bike, taking a riding course and joining a national riding club. Be sure to ask about any other discounts available.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:20 PM

Paragraph 4 http://www.dol.wa.gov/ds/insurance.htm#Operators

Operators of vehicles registered as antique vehicles, collector vehicles older than 30 years, state or publicly owned vehicles, motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, mopeds, or vehicles registered with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission as common or contract carriers are exempt from mandatory insurance requirements.

If it was me I would get insurance anyway even if you dont have to have it. Im with state farm and it is like $260 per year for full coverage.

Last edited by adidas; 10-04-2002 at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode