Sportbike World banner

schwantz school

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AznSportbiker73 
#1 ·
Anyone been to the K. Schwantz School in Atlanta? I would appreciate any comments on this school.

#2 ·
never been, but i heard that you would have to rent a suzuki if you wanted to go. only teampromotion has a lower instructor to student ration as far as i know. that's damn impressive for the $$$.

#5 · (Edited)
The Schwantz school is one of the more expensive schools out there. But you are riding a world-class track (Road Atlanta) and learning from THE Kevin Schwantz. Youll also benefit from learning from the AMA pros that teach there (Lee Acree, Opie Caylor, etc.) and the occasional AMA factory rider that comes in (Jamie Hacking has taught there before). Opie is an awesome guy - youll be in good hands. They just recently increased their fees for next year - $750 for the one day and $1400 for the 2-day class (both prices includes their GSXR 600 bike). $600/$1000 if you have your own Suzi. You MUST be a Suzuki owner if youre bringing your own bike to the school. Otherwise, youll have to rent one of their gixxers. They require at least a year of riding experience. If you have intentions of racing, you can now get a WERA provisional novice license with a Schwantz certificate (note that WERA requires 3 completed races before youre granted your novice license, other sanctioning bodies like CCS, AHMRA, etc. have diff requirements). This option was not available earlier, from what I understand.

The school is geared more towards track riding/road racing. Reg Pridmore's CLASS school is more street oriented.

Hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.