Safety Inspection...?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Safety Inspection...??

I just this week bought a 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R and I wanted to have it looked over. I called my local Kawi dealer and they said for $70 they would perform a safety check. This would go over the entire bike but wouldn't do any fixes to it without my okay.

Is this worth it?

The bike is a 2002 with 2900 miles on it. It is still under warranty and everthing.

Should I take the bike to somewhere other then the local dealership or are they okay?

Thanks for your answers,

Lates,
Onyx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 09:20 AM

If you have no clue what you are looking at, then $70 is probably not too bad, about an hourly rate in some areas. If the bike was kept up properly, there probably are no problems with it, just make sure that they keep to the word of nothing being done unless you ok it. Be sure to ask for a reach around to, cause the shops definitely do rape you on stuff like this, but there is nothing you can do unless you do it all yourself.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 01:22 PM

Look at it this way, if you discover your master link was installed improperly, 70 bucks dosent seem so cheap all of the sudden as you are grinding your $400 helmet (i hope) into the pavement watching little bits of turnsignal reflector sprad all over the road from eye-level!

If you are unsure, get the check up. I hate pulling broken bikes off the road.

Good Luck and Ride Safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode