AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! You were all right! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! You were all right!

Ehehehheh....so I finally got my cycle today! 2002 Ninja 500R. And boy...you were all right. It is fun. Boy o boy is it fun I can't take it above 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, but I took it up Empire Grade (as seen on pashnit.com!) with a newfound friend, and man...it looks like it's gonna be worth every penny I spent on it. So....to everyone even thinking about getting a bike. Do it. You won't regret it

And to those pessimists, yes, I did almost drop it. I was at a small intersection, and I guess I put one foot down before the other or something and the bike started leaning *very* slowly to the left, and I kind of managed to catch it so it didn't toally drop, and some guy helped me put it back up. Small scratch to the bottom of the exhaust, but you have to get under the bike to see it. So...heh...hopefully that'll be my "one drop"

Happy to finally be a real member of Sportbikeworld.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:33 PM

Heh, Heh, welcome to the darkside
Now when your not riding it, it'll be all you can think about.
Don't be too strict about run in either, giving it the odd blast can help it seat better.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:40 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

I saw a guy getting on a Ninja 500 earlier today, looked pretty good.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up

Congrats on the ride. Yea, the feeling is incredible. I get antsy when I don't ride for a couple of days. But cool!!! About the drop. Don't trip, EVERYONE drops once in a while. It makes you a better rider!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:33 PM

Congrats on the new bike!!

Isn't Empire Grade a blast?!?!? For the time being, though, beware of Jamison Creek (at the end of Empire Grade heading down to Boulder Creek). It's newly repaved with LOTS of gravel toward the bottom. Like riding on marbles I'm told.

You'd be surprised how strong you get when you see your bike lying on the ground.

Have fun and ride safe!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:06 PM

Congrats on the bike.
Glad to see you are having such fun. It's addicting, in a cool kind of way
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:34 PM

Congratulations Banpei. As a new rider with a 96 Ninja 500, I share your exhuberance. Last weekend while on my way back from Jersey, I hit 1,000 miles after 2 1/2 months. I'm glad I started with a 500. Between 7,000 and 8,500 rpm it sings a nice song but not one that's scary. I did however drop it once on my steeply sloped driveway. Just a slight nick on the right fairing about the size of a pinhead and some scrapes on the turn signal stalk. Minor but still kind of upsetting after the weight of the bike got away from me. I 'm dreading the time when I put it down for the winter so I'm getting in as much riding time as I can. Question for the more experienced riders: is it better to stay in the center lane or the right when on the highway( like route 80)? Center lane riding forces you to deal with cars on both sides of you while the right lane has cars on your left but a lane with merging traffic every so often. Just wanted to hear the opinions out there. Enjoy the ride and be safe. PS: something else in common with you. I also have an Integra(98 GS-R). Love that too. Take care.

Brian.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by noelpm
EVERYONE drops once in a while. It makes you a better rider!!
Not sure about that one! If you follow that logic to its conclusion then totalling the bike and youself makes you some kind of god!

I agree that most people have low speed horizontal experiences one in a while tho'.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 06:15 AM

Thumbs up

Congrats on the new bike! I just got my first bike about 3 months ago. 2002 CBR600F4i. Oh boy do i love it. So much so that I already have almost 5000 miles on it! I have been to the track. If there is one near you and you feel confident enough, do it, you will learn so much more there than you can on the street. For anyone in the PA, WVa, OH, Maryland area, hit up route 50 and surround roads in WVa. There are just some amazing stretches.

I don't know about that whole, "dropping it makes you a better rider" thing. Just the thought of dropping mine encourages me to be a better rider, that's all the motivation I need!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liggy11
Congrats on the new bike! I just got my first bike about 3 months ago. 2002 CBR600F4i. Oh boy do i love it. So much so that I already have almost 5000 miles on it! I have been to the track. If there is one near you and you feel confident enough, do it, you will learn so much more there than you can on the street. For anyone in the PA, WVa, OH, Maryland area, hit up route 50 and surround roads in WVa. There are just some amazing stretches.

I don't know about that whole, "dropping it makes you a better rider" thing. Just the thought of dropping mine encourages me to be a better rider, that's all the motivation I need!
I'm not a new rider, but i'm new to the F4i. Its a fantastic bike. I don't have that many miles yet, but i know i'm gonna really like owning this bike.

Hey,,just curious,,how much tire you got left at 5K miles?

Last edited by Tuffguy; 10-03-2002 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode