Bike accessories.. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Bike accessories..

Hello everyone, just finished the MSF course, and yeah, I highly reccommend it to anyone who's never ridden before. It was kinda boring the first day of class and the first day of riding, but after that it was pretty fun. Riding got to be kind of a pain and tiring, but I'm pretty sure it'll be more fun when you don't have to stop every fifteen seconds after the exercise. The only thing that irked me was that we didn't ever get above 20 mph...I'm kinda nervous and I think it'll take me a while before I can get it up to hwy speed...

But anyways, I'm gonna buy the 500r in a few weeks, and I was looking for my gear and stuff, but every time I think I've found everything, I find or someone tells me about one other thing I 'have" to get. Is there anything else I'll need that's missing from the list below?

Helmet, boots, gloves, jacket, wheellock & bike cover

I'm a college student, so I don't have a garage, so I need the bike cover to protect it from the rain...

P.S. And is it legal to drive inbetween the lanes during heavy traffic? I asked the instructor, but he never gave me a clear answer...just outlined how unsafe it was...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 10:26 PM

Re: Bike accessories..

Quote:
Originally posted by banpei

Helmet, boots, gloves, jacket, wheellock & bike cover

P.S. And is it legal to drive inbetween the lanes during heavy traffic? I asked the instructor, but he never gave me a clear answer...just outlined how unsafe it was...
A good start for gear if they are designed for motorcycling. It is legal & unsafe to lane split in Cali.
I lane split when traffic gets backed up. I hate sitting in traffic or even worse @ the back of stopped traffic. Going to the front of the line is a reward for riding. I hope heaven is the same
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 10:20 PM

Yeah, one more thing - pants. Your legs can get torn up just as easily as your upper body.

Try to park your bike under some form of cover if possible, motorcycle covers aren't totally waterproof and can actually trap water under them once they get wet. If you are going to ride in the rain, you'll also need a rain suit.

Highway speeds can be scary at first. Build up to higher speeds at your level of comfort. Riding at night can also be a new adventure. The day I got my license, I went out on the freeway at night just to get it over with . The permits in CA don't allow riding at night, on the freeway, or with a passenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode