New to forum and bikes! Need help finding bike and looking for advice :) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation New to forum and bikes! Need help finding bike and looking for advice :)

Whats up everyone? First I want to introduce myself. My name's Brandon, I'm 19 from Oklahoma and I'm a speedaholic(damn, that was really bad). I have been wanting to get into motorcycles for a while, but just haven't done it yet. I currently drive a 2001 330ci that I have been modifying, but I think I want to take a break from that and get a bike. I have never drove or ridden on a bike before. NEVER! I really love the Yamaha R6 and will probably get one...for my NEXT bike! For now, I want to get something that I can thrash around on, lie down, and do what ever I want with and not worry about. I've done a little research and I think I want to go with an early-mid 90's Kawasaki Ninja 250. I really don't want to spend over $1000 or so because I know I will need to buy some decent gear as well and take the MSF course.(Packet is in the mail) I'm having somewhat of a hard time finding something like this in my area as well. It seems that no one is selling these, especially around Oklahoma. Also, when looking at Ninja 250's, is there any certain year range I should try to get or avoid? Any help on finding one? I don't really want to get one out of state because shipping would probably be half the price of the bike!! Anyone have any input or advice for me?

Thanks,
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:14 PM

HEY, NEWBIE

YOU WANT MY 2CENTS HERE ARE MY 2CENTS. IF YOU WANT A BIKE TO "THRASH" A 250cc IS A GOOD BIKE FOR THAT SINCE THEY ARE VERY CHEAP AND NIMBLE. LOOK AT THE MOTORCYCLE TRADER OR EBAY FOR YOUR STATE. A 250cc BRAND NEW IS ABOUT $3000 AND IM SURE YOU CAN GET A USED ONE FOR ABOUT $1500-$2000 DEPENDING ON THE CONDITION. NOTE: SUPPOSEDLY YOU ARE A SPEEDAHOLIC SO RESPECT THE BIKE AND YOU WILL BE RESPECTED. THE MSF COURSE IS REALLY HELPFUL AND FULL OF INFORMATION SINCE YOU NEVER RODE OR TOUCHED A BIKE...I TOOK THE COURSE AND BELIEVE ME ITS WELL WORTH IT. ALL YOU NEED IS GLOVES AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HELMET THEY WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ONE AND ALSO THEY PROVIDE THE BIKE. MSF COURSE IS THE BEST START!! LATER.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:16 PM

BELIEVE ME AN R6 WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR YOU....JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T RUSH INTO THINGS. PRACTICE MAKE PERFRECT!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ferracci69
BELIEVE ME AN R6 WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR YOU....JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T RUSH INTO THINGS. PRACTICE MAKE PERFRECT!
I am more than aware of that. That is why I want an old 250 Ninja. And my packet is on the way for the MSF course.
Thanks,
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode