MSF Course - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Question MSF Course

I've never ridden a day in my life, and am wondering if I should learn to ride before I take the MSF course? The only thing close experience that I have is with ATV's. Thanx for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Founder

An MSF course will teach people who have never ridden a motorcycle before. It's a great place to learn.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Alright, cool.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 01:32 AM

Ditto...

Muder...having ridden on and off road on two and three wheels (I got outta the dez when quads were getting popular and I couldn't afford to trade up being in high school ) I heartily suggest taking the MSF course. Why? Because they teach you a LOT about riding on the street. You might roll your eyes on the first riding day when they talk about how to start the bike and have you feel the clutch and walking the bike under power and and and, but stick it out and pick out the peaches amongst the pits for the first hour or so. Then you'll be suprised at how much you didn't know about riding a two-wheeler on the street. And, no, to all those viewers out there, I'm not associated with MSF in anyway except to have donated my $65 bucks to the cause in return for some great knowledge. Speed, yes - safety first. Call me boring, but I want to be there for the next ride...

Shiny side up, bro
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:25 PM

Couldn't have said much better SPEEDCUBED. The MSF COURSE is the best start to even thinking about riding a motorcycle... I took the course about 3years ago and it was free. And your right speedcubed about it being boring, i just wanted to go out and just start learning how to ride. It was well worth the wait.

- LATER
BE SAFE OUT THERE EVERYONE!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 09:04 PM

MSF training

The purpose of the beginner's course from MSF is to teach you how to ride. Just go to class with an open mind. MSF curriculum does not contain any neat tricks, just solid information and practice which has been well proven over the years. The only thing that you need to make sure of before the class, is that you don't have any problems balancing on a bicycle. Don't laugh, this happens all of the time and a bad case of wobbles can short circuit your entire course. If you can be smooth, the rest will be easy, and a lot more fun.

Mark
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:51 PM

Take the MSF course. It's a good thing. Tell them Martha sent you.

Seriously, it is the smartest thing you can do, and it will be enough for you to go get a bike. Keep an open mind and promise yourself that you will listen to and do what they tell you to do, even if you don't like it. They know, you don't. Forget the squids.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 02:53 AM

just wonder do they have bikes for short people? about 5"3

Last edited by choiboy; 08-18-2002 at 11:58 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 09:15 AM

Yes, the MSF bikes will fit someone who is 5'3" (or less). Around here they typically use Honda 250's I think. It has a very low seat height which makes it very easy to flat-foot both feet. Plus you're lower to the ground so there's also no fear of falling.

Have fun!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode