New Rider with clothing questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

New Rider with clothing questions

hey everyone, I've been riding for about a month, and I never ride without my gear. But it's the peak of summer, and its starting to get really hot. I'm just wondering if you guys wear different things for different weather, or just go out with the normal gear everytime you ride. Thxn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:08 AM

I always wear my cordura jacket(soon to be replaced with leather) racing boots, gauntlet gloves, helmet and leather pants when I know I am going to be hitting the twisties. If I am going out for a rie that is not going to be twisty or fast, I still wear the jacket, leather gloves, over the ankle boots, helmet and I wear some draggin cargo pants.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:53 AM

It sounds like you need to get yourself a JR Reactor, a JR Phoenix, or a Fieldsheer Titanium (which I'm sure Rob would recommend... ). I have a Reactor myself, because I just feel a little better having leather on my arms and shoulders than all mesh. Other than that, I wear my boots, gloves, lid, etc.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:53 AM

I always wear the jacket from my Spyke suit, Hein Gericke boots (nice - from New Enough), Spyke gloves, Rf-900 Helmet. I ride my bike every day so for work I wear jeans, for more serious rides, I wear my suit. It's not vented and it's damned hot. I just ordered a Fieldsheer Sonic Air jacket. Should be here next week and will help a lot for hot weather. I'll just use it for around town and riding to work. I keep a pair of shoes at work to change into.

I'm a distinct minority around here wearing full (basically) gear.

Jon
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:57 AM

Yeah, riding with full gear in hot weather stinks, but whenever I start to get lazy about putting everything on someone posts a graphic reminder of why it's necessary. Better to be a little uncomfortable (only until you get out of traffic) than covered with roadrash.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 09:42 PM

As everyone says, don't ride without gear. You can't predict when something will happen. Ventillated jacket/pants will help a lot when it's warm. It kinda depends on your budget.

BTW, Phoenix is hot in the summer, but Calgary?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

haha i know.. where I live is NOTHING compared to AZ or TX.. but hey, you get used to the weather when you live at a place for a long time Here.. if it's over 30 degrees celsius, everyone goes nuts, we're not used to that type of weather
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:22 AM

I love my Vanson perforated leather....as long as your moving, its awesome. Sitting in traffic, however, is a different story...you'll sweat no matter what your wearing. Resist the urge to ride with a t-shirt...although most of us have done it at one time or another!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja600r
haha i know.. where I live is NOTHING compared to AZ or TX.. but hey, you get used to the weather when you live at a place for a long time Here.. if it's over 30 degrees celsius, everyone goes nuts, we're not used to that type of weather
: Anything around 30 degree celsius around here this time of year is what we call a cold front. I wish for that kind of weather.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jjcm

: Anything around 30 degree celsius around here this time of year is what we call a cold front. I wish for that kind of weather.
Lol, yes, 30 degrees may be good for you, but with that, you also get the -15 to -50 degrees celsius that comes with it in Winter! so I guess it balances things out.. You win some, and you lose some
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode