I think I found my bike!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

I think I found my bike!!!!!

Yep im excited, but trying not to get my hopes up too high and im not tryin to jump into a bad deal. I found it, a 98 CBR red/blk 9,000 miles, beautiful bike, all stock on ebay. The price seems low(NR) and I ahve yet to speak with the seller on the phone but im thinkin of bidding on it. I just hope I dont get outbid... now, how to break it to the parents since im still "under their roof". Here goes nothin

Last edited by Kyle; 07-23-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:09 PM

Thumbs up

Good luck!

BTW - Everything's said and done with the Mustang?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:13 PM

Good luck with the bike!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

The mustang deal is signed and sealed. All the money was successfully transferred and the car is due to be picked up and shipped to New Mexico in about 3-4 days. Very smooth deal, I was / am very satisfied. My babys goin to a good home
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:20 PM

If you PM me the address of the auction I SWEAR I won't bid on it. Just wanna have a peek.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

youve been pm'd.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 04:00 PM

Good luck on gettin the bike!

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:11 AM

Nothing...

Well that was a mispoast...

Last edited by krsteen; 07-28-2002 at 10:34 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Well thats that.... Spoke with the seller and its mine

The deal is riding on a "handshake" right now, but he seems nice enough to trust. I have three options:

I am in NJ and the bike is in TN:

1) have it shipped from TN to NJ
2) wait until the last week of august when he will be in pittsburg and go pick it up myself (7hours each way)
3) have it shipped from pittsburg

Whaddya think? Im searching the sites now for some shipping companies, anybody know a good one? Thanks
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 04:57 PM

Smile Just my $.02

Congrats on the new bike man!! From the picture, she looks like she will be a good buy. If you are sure THAT is the bike you want, I would not wait, and I would go and pick the bike up A.S.A.P. Research shipping costs first, but if shipping is expensive, you can always drive to TN, rent a ONE-WAY trailer from a U-Haul in TN, and just take the drive. I suggest you ask a friend or parent to take the drive with you if they have the time. Plus, it is pretty cool taking last-minute road trips.

The reason I say pick the bike up A.S.A.P. is because of the following reasons:

1) A handshake is not a legal contract, and he has every right to sell the bike to someone who has the cash in-hand, and who is read to pick the bike up NOW. (people may seem "cool", but when it comes to money, it's always first come, first serve.)
2) If you wait, that gives him more time to ride the bike and possibly change the condition that it is "currently" in. i.e. a) he gets into a wreck between now and August and does not tell you about it. b) He rides the bike and puts more miles on it. etc. etc. etc.

Again, he may seem like he is a good guy, but you don't know him personally, and he does not know you. When you are dealing with that much money, you want to make sure you cover YOUR ass from all angles. I guarantee you he is going to cover HIS ass! Plus, if you go and pick the bike up, you can see the overall condition of the bike BEFORE you fork over the cash.
If going to pick the bike up is not an option for you, send the guy a disposable camera with the return postage paid. Have him use the camera to take pictures of the bike from every possible angle. Those disposable cameras can take anywhere from 14-27 shots. That picture that he put on e-bay could have been taken when he first got the bike, or shortly after.
I know my suggestions may sound like I don't have any trust, but you just have to be careful. Some people don't have any morals, and they will cheat you blind!!

I hope this helps, or at least gives you a few things to think about. Again, from that pic, the bike "seems" to be in good condition. Just be careful.

Good Luck Man, I wish you the best.

Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode