New here, have some bike ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Smile New here, have some bike ?

I have never ridden a sportbike before but love them and want to get one. It would be at least a few months till I would get one but there are two problems I have. First of all is convincing my wife to let me get a bike. Second is what to get. I really like the GSXR600 and CBR F4i but with my lack of expereince, i would probably go with the Katana 600, as per recommendation of forum members on first bikes. I personally like the look (to eac his own) and the fact that it is less expensive that the previously mentioned bikes (so I wont feel as bad if I lay it down which I hopefully wont do). I am not looking for a bike with ludicrous speed. Going over 100 in my car is scary enough, i couldnt imagine doing it on a bike (and I dont have plans to do so). I am looking for a somewhat comfortable ride, reliability and fun. So, would the Katana hold up to the aforementioned traits. Is there anything else good or bad to note about the bike. Thanks for any help and I hope to be riding soon.
BTW, since I dont have a bike yet, I chose my user name to be my car. I currently have a 95 Impala SS (DGGM). It is a lot of fun but I am looking for some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:09 PM

A katana 600 was my first bike. I liked it. It was a little heavy but I really didn't notice that until I rode a few non-sport-tourers. It's plenty quick, plus there are a butt load of mods you can do to it. Check out KatanaPlanet.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up

Oh, as far as good and bad things go I'd say the good outweigh the bad. Sure the technology is a little old on them but that's no biggie. It's very comfy ( which was a issue for me also ). It's not as quick and nimble say as the gsxr600 ( my second bike by the way ), little heavy to wheelie ( but it's not 'designed' to be a 'stunt' bike ). Katana's get my vote.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 08:43 AM

I'm looking at a Kat too.

Nice to hear from a Katana-as-first-biker that I'm not barking up the wrong tree. I figure I'll buy a used one that has scuffs on the fairings already so I won't feel bad when I tip it over. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode