Own helmet at MSF? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Own helmet at MSF?

I just bought a new helmet it's Snell 2000 and DOT Approved, but it is blue, silver and white.

I'm taking the MSF course starting tomorrow.

If I show up with my new helmet are they going to label me and give me a hard time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 01:03 PM
elo

Thumbs up

Not at all, they actually encouraged us to bring our own gear. You probably won't crash so you don't have to worry about ruining your brand-new helmet. Another benefit is not having to wear a lid that countless other people have sweated in.

Good luck with your class.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 01:43 PM

I agree with elo...They like to see rider bring their own gear, plus the helmets they have are totaly ratty and smell..When I took my class I showed up with a mew helmet and carbon fiber armored race gloves..I was not the only one with my own gear..Alot of people had been riding on permits or had a license already and took to class to hone their skills...Have fun

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 07:33 AM

It's a little late to help you, but maybe if someone else does a search with the same question, it'll help them.

Without a doubt, if you have a helmet of your own, or can borrow one from someone else, do it. The helmets they have at MSF classes are generally pretty old and skanky (at least the MSF I took). You'll probably feel a little better knowing what kind of sweat you're putting your head in, than you would using theirs...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 08:39 AM

Like ChaosRogue here is my late input. I don't think anyone COULD give you a hard time. Alot of guys brought their own helmet to my class. One guy even came out in his Joe Rocket Jacket. I brought a helmet and gloves. If you have your own stuff, wear it. Get it broken in as much as you can.

One piece of advice though, when huddled around an instructor...wear your helmet, or hold it high. More than once some inconsiderate F%$# slapped helmets with mine, because "it wasn't his so why should he worry about it." <---my words not his..

Anyways have fun in class.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode