Newbie needs help with bike decision! (CBR) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Newbie needs help with bike decision! (CBR)

I just went to look at a bike tonight. 1999 CBR F4. Red & Black. Jet kit. Full D&D Exhaust. 7K miles. has been dropped on the right side once...just some scrathes. Needs a new back blinker. Sounds and feels like it runs great. The guy has ridden it since last year and does wheelies on it and beats it pretty hard. He wants $5200 for it. Does this sound reasonable to you guys? that is right in between what KBB says is trade in value($4,300) and Retail value ($6,300). Any opinions or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 09:44 PM

Re: Newbie needs help with bike decision! (CBR)

Quote:
Originally posted by Liggy11
I just went to look at a bike tonight. 1999 CBR F4. Red & Black. Jet kit. Full D&D Exhaust. 7K miles. has been dropped on the right side once...just some scrathes. Needs a new back blinker. Sounds and feels like it runs great. The guy has ridden it since last year and does wheelies on it and beats it pretty hard. He wants $5200 for it. Does this sound reasonable to you guys? that is right in between what KBB says is trade in value($4,300) and Retail value ($6,300). Any opinions or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Personally I'd walk away from it..you already know that it has been riden "hard" and maybe abused, and negelted..so why spend your hard earned $$$$ on it..? Even though it appears to run good, I think for 5200.00 you could find something better, maybe not as new..but a bike that has been well cared for..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

I have decided against the used bike and am just going to go new. I went to the honda dealer today and they offered me a pretty good deal on a new F4i. I am going to look at the R6 too and compare deals, cause I LOVE the R6 in look and feel when I sit on it.

When you say OTD in relation to a price, do you mean tax, title, etc. included in that quoted price?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Dad

Do you mind saying what dealers you're shopping at? Try Northgate, specifically Dave, if you haven't already. Do mention that you heard about him here. You could also check some Ohio dealers that are right over the line. Andrews is one that comes to mind that I have heard of some pretty low prices from. Just make sure to factor in the sales tax and minor title fees which you will owe when you get the Pa title and plates. And yes, "out the door" means "out the door", all costs, fees etc. included.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode