Advanced Rider Course - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Advanced Rider Course

I've taken the MSF beginner course about 10 months ago. I have about 1500 miles on my bike now. I think its a good time to take another course more concentrated on braking, turning, etc. Does anyone know where I can get some more info on these courses (websites?) or recommend some courses? I'm open to any opportunity that will help me become a better, safer rider. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 10:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
it depends on what you're looking for... if you want to know more about streetriding, you can take the msf advanced course. i have friends who took it after more than a decade on a bike and learned from it.

if you're looking for something that is more track-oriented, i'd suggest the www.teampromotion.com art-basic. it's designed for guys and gals who have never been on the track before. this year it's required for all track newbies, but some people who started last year are taking anyway and loving it.

it's a great way to explore your limits and the bike. you can ride around slowly and work your way up. just remember if you do any track school, honda isn't sitting there waiting on the side-lines with a contract.... if you stick with your control rider for the day, you'll learn a lot. if he's too fast for ya, slow down, they'll send another control rider out.

seriously, it's a good school. you can check out their webpage for details. if you have any questions, you can pm (or e-mail if he has it showing) gs500rider for details. he'll point you in the best direction if he can't answer himself.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 06-17-2002 at 10:26 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 10:36 AM

The place where you took your beginners course could be offering an experienced riders course as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode