alright all you experts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

alright all you experts

I am getting a bike pretty soon and need this one last specific opinion and I need it to be honested and wholeheartedly kind in everyway. I need a bike that feels planted to the ground, a bike with speed but not enough for me to go woah!! no more of that!!, I need a bike that feels great, looks great, has a good sense of humor but is also very forgiving in every aspect. I need a bike that will not hurt me for making a mistake, something that won't get jealous for looking at another bike and pull a tank slapper on you. Know what I am getting at? I refuse to go under 600 cc and refuse to pass 900. I know I have not ridden yet, blah blah blah blah blah. I know I have no experience, blah blah blah blahb blah. which bike out thee provides all of this without looking like it came out of a quarter machine or out of the dollar store? I want a good rugged hardcore I will never fail on you if it meant my life bike. any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 06:01 PM

A good place to start is to check out the Yamaha YZF600R (not the R6) or the Kawasaki ZX6E (not the 6R). Both bikes have plenty of performance and looks, without being intimidating or hard to handle. Without a lot of experience, I would hesitate going any bigger. Learn how to ride well, before biting off more than you can chew. Both of these two bikes are comfortable and forgiving, without being so underpowered that you will feel like upgrading in one season. My buddy has the Yammy, and my girlfriend has the Kawi. She opted for the Kawi because she is only 5'4", and she felt more comfortable on it. They both love them! I'm no expert...just my opinion
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 07:04 PM

Check out the Bandit600. I had one and it was quite comfortable for longer rides, just replace the stock seat with a corbin. I know you've posted about taking a long trip, there's hard bags you can get for it. It's not a rocketship by any means, but it's not boring either. You can yank open the throttle without getting yourself into trouble. It's pretty fun in the twisty stuff as well. Another plus, it's an expensive bike with cheap insurance rates.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 06:19 PM
elo

Arrow

Ninja 250.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 09:22 PM

How about a Suzuki SV650? It worked (and still does) for me. Enough power to be way fun for at least a couple of years; very forgiving with a broad power curve (it's a V-twin so you don't need to constantly fret over keeping the rev's up); handles really well; not too expensive; insurance is reasonable; easy riding postion on the naked (non S) model especially with some sort of small wind screen; lots of aftermarket parts available; blah, blah, blah.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 10:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
What bike to buy

Kismet, you can buy my Ninja. Good starter bike and never failed me or scared me. IM or PM me and I will give you more details. This is not a joke I am interested in selling it and moving up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode