SV650S owners - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Question SV650S owners

This will be the first bike I ever purchased and am looking for some help. What's a "reasonable" price on a 2002 SV650S (not including tax)? I plan on paying cash and am hoping that will have some influence during the negotiations. I tried to find the dealers invoice price which would be nice to have, anyone know by chance? Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Also, I only test drove one for less than 1/2 an hour and am wondering if any "6.0" 180lb riders find it comfortable for longer stretches? Thanks Again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 09:52 AM
elo

Hi Sean's Dad!
I'm 6'0, but not as heavy... I find the SVs extremely comfortable with one modification: get a Suzuki Gel Seat. It's the best $120 I've spent on the bike in the 1.5 years I've owned mine. The stock seat gets very hard after about 100 miles. The longest I've gone so far is 350 miles. No complaints after I got that seat.

As far as MSRP goes, Suzuki recommends $6,100. I don't know what that means in Hawaii, it's my understanding that prices are higher due to the cost of importing. Sorry! Also, in a lot of markets the SV is a pretty hot item, so prices are firmer. In all honesty, paying cash probably won't influence the dealer much in price, but it might give you some leeway in dock/prep fees. These are bs anyway, and I'd negotiate as hard as possible to get those thrown out.

Great choice on a bike btw! I love mine! Just in case you haven't seen it yet, check out www.svrider.com for everything and more that you ever wanted to know about these bikes!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 08:19 PM

Re: SV650S owners

Quote:
Originally posted by SeansDad
This will be the first bike I ever purchased and am looking for some help. What's a "reasonable" price on a 2002 SV650S (not including tax)? I plan on paying cash and am hoping that will have some influence during the negotiations. I tried to find the dealers invoice price which would be nice to have, anyone know by chance? Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Also, I only test drove one for less than 1/2 an hour and am wondering if any "6.0" 180lb riders find it comfortable for longer stretches? Thanks Again

OOH a SV650 purchaser..

Okay, I know two people who own sv650s

If you can get one used, even better. The price can drop significantly. A nice one can go for about $4000 - $4500 (that's how much my friend just paid for his). They are sweet bikes.

If you wanna go new, then try to negotiate it down to $5500. Remember, used is only a grand cheaper. And it can be only 1-2 years old for that price.

Its going to be very hard finding a new one, Cycle Sports in Iwilei hardly has them in stock, brand spanking new. You can find used. That's definitely a bike that should be sold more, but with the interest in the new Hayabusa and GSXR 750's, their demands are there.

http://www.cyclesportshawaii.com for more information.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 04:03 PM

as far as price goes....i purchased my 2002 svs for $6400.00 OTD
i love this bike, my 25th. moto since 1966
cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode