What should I pay for a CBR 600 F2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

What should I pay for a CBR 600 F2

I have looked at a 93 F2 with 20,000 miles that is in decent shape. The guy rides it to work, so you can tell that it has been in the sun he is asking 2,800. I am going to look at a 92 tomarow that has 26,000 miles that from the pics seems to be in better shape than the 93, he is asking $3150. I would really like to spend 2500 but I think that it might be tough to find one at that price. The guy with the 93 will not work with me on the price and I'm not sure about the price on the 92. I still need a helmet and jacket, this is why I'm trying to get one for $2500. I was thinking of getting the Joe Rocket Atomic jacket, I already have the Joe Rocket highside gloves. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 05:51 PM

I paid 2500 for my F2. Was about right I guess, 2800 and 3150 seem a little high unless the bike is pristine. As I recall kelly blue book value on a clean one from the dealer is around 3200, and private sale is something like 2500. You could possibly bring it down a bit. Good luck!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 03:13 PM

Summertime!

Trying to get a bike cheap in the summer is going to be pretty hard I would think. I probably ended up paying too much for my bike ($4500 for a 93 cbr 900RR with 16k miles) but most of the 600's I was looking at were selling for like $5000+. And this was the cheepest CBR in decent condition that I could find.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 09:50 PM

Hi
Over here in GA it's pretty hard to find a good deal on sport bikes in the 600+ cc range. I've been looking for a 98 F3 for under $4800 but it's hard to find one with decent mileage. If anyone has a CBR 600F series bike who's selling in GA, please email me

Jim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
An awesome site that will help you keep track of who is blowing sunshine up your... *ahem* tailpipe, so to speak.
KelleyBlueBook.com

As for finding good prices, I am still looking around, but the best places I've found to find good deals are: The local classifieds ads in the paper, CycleTrader.com,
the beloved eBay. Good luck in all your motorcycle searches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode