Rivalries? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Rivalries?

Okay, I know I'm a bit of a noob at this, but what kind of rivalries are there between manufacturers???

Sure, we all love riding, but I'm sure some people have been given a hard time about whatever they may be riding... It seems that most people in here kinda rag on the Kaw Ninjas, albeit nicely. Are there any other hatreds than "Harley Davidson vs. everyone but Buell"?? Do CBR riders have fits over Ninjas???

Thanks in advance! I just wanna make sure that I don't ride into something that could be a lil bit of an ego bruiser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:14 PM

While many are loyal to their manufacturer, very few let that get in the way of anything. Capabilities among bikes may vary, but rider skill and experience make more difference than anything else. Take the MSF course (or equivalent), get a bike that works for you (lots of advice here, search the forums) and learn how to ride safely. It'll be a blast and you won't worry about what others have or don't have.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Very cool. I got my license already through the Penna. MSF course. It was more than worth my time.

I have been looking particularly at bikes around 500-600cc for the time being as a "starter" bike. My dad has a single cyl. 650, but I don't much like his bike, and I'm a wee bit hesitant to push myself since it isn't my own property. I have eyes on a number of Suzuki GS500s, Kaw EX500s/ninjas, and an occasional 600cc sneaks its way into my mind.

I just wanted to make sure it's not like the doggone "Ricer industry" for cars where the only import is Honda and everyone else can eat dogmeat...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:45 PM

On the rivalry question. It's all in good fun, we all dog each other. Nothing serious should be taken from it, it just thrills us completely to get under someones skin

KAWI's SUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode