will a 6' tall person fit decently on a ninja zx6? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

will a 6' tall person fit decently on a ninja zx6?

im 6' tall and want a ninja zx6, brand new. will i fit ok on the bike without cramping or issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:15 AM

yes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lord tim
yes.
wow such a brilliant well thought out response ....

is it a decent fit for a guy as tall as me? i know the seating position isnt as hunched over as a true sports bike would be, its more upright. so i wont look goofy on it? i dont wanna look like mr.bean on a ninja

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:46 AM

you're putting way too much thought into it. But believe me, coming from a 6' man, you wont have any issues with the size of that bike.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:06 PM

1) Height isn't as much an issue as inseam and reach, but you'll fit fine.

2) Who cares what you "look like" on the bike? This ain't a spectator sport. How does it feel is what's important.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamara
1) Height isn't as much an issue as inseam and reach, but you'll fit fine.

2) Who cares what you "look like" on the bike? This ain't a spectator sport. How does it feel is what's important.
LOL ok i realize saftey comes FIRST, followed by experience, prepairdness etc.. but not one of you sport bike owners can look me in the eye (male or female) and tell me there isnt a part of you, deep inside bured under woon and cement, that doesnt get some tiny itty bitty coolness/style bug in them when there on the bike. knowing that everyone and their mothers turn to see sport bikes as they drive by stop lyin to urselfs and admit you look stylin on the bike riding safely of course
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 04:09 PM

You'll fit fine on the zx6. Rule of thumb "if it feels comfy, you probably look fine". I'm 6'4" and nothing fits real well, but as previously stated "this isn't a spetator sport". I have a fzr 600 race bike and I'm sure when i'm fully tucked in my elbows are about 2" below my knees!! (probably not the coolest looking) but when passing someone, your ALWAYS cool

Dave

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an a$$hole when I see one.

Life is too LONG not to have fun!!!!

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by reddragonmd

... knowing that everyone and their mothers turn to see sport bikes as they drive by
If this were true those stupid bastards wouldnt cage us so often... sometimes I think it's a game to some drivers.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Smile Re: will a 6' tall person fit decently on a ninja zx6?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reddragonmd
im 6' tall and want a ninja zx6, brand new. will i fit ok on the bike without cramping or issues? /QUOTE] I currently own a ZX-6r and stand 6 foot tall. With complete leather attire on I have no problem at all with fitting, no cramping, and I don't care about the on lookers. Besides my wife says I look great on the bike all outfitted.

Last edited by ga_skyline_rydr; 05-27-2002 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode