Sportbike World banner

Northern VA

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Melody 
#1 ·
Im a new rider interested in doing some weekend/evening riding . Not looking to get crazy, but not necessarily obey every speed limit. Anyone interested?

#3 ·
I live in Quantico. I've been riding for about 12 years, but I just started riding again after about a 5 year layoff. I want to start off pretty slow, I have no desire to wreck it, plus I'm pretty new to the area and don't know the roads too well. If your interested, give me a yell.

#5 ·
jtensuan said:
I'd like to hear about good roads/routes you guys ride around the area...
I'm not too familiar with the area yet, but I've been riding Rt. 619 from Quantico to Manassas, and then trying some of the roads branching off of it. It's a great ride with lots of twisties, but a little short (I am usually back where I started in around and hour). I've also ridden Rt. 3 from Fredricksburg out towards Culpepper, thats pretty scenic but no twisties. If your know of anywhere else around here or want a partner, let me know.

#7 ·
group ride

Lets get a group together for a ride; I just put on a set of Forza slip-ons with air box conversion and jet kit, so I'll be anxious to get some riding in...

A few local places I have been riding include Great Falls (both in MD and VA), and Rock Creek Parkway into Rock Creek Park (believe it or not, this is a nice twisty ride, but you gotta go during off-peak hours during the week...)

As for experience, I have only been street riding for a year or so, but used to race off road...

Anyone open for a Sunday ride?? jtensuan@yahoo.com

#8 ·
Ducatilimey37 said:
Guys:
I would love to hook up with you all if interested.
I just got back into it as well and am still taking it very easy.
ive been riding out 50 west to middleburg and taking roads of that, quite nice. you can e mail me at David.terry@aspect.com if you are interested..this weekend looks nice
HEY! I live out that way, we have some very pretty roads out here that only the locals know about, my Boyfriend works for UPS and he has been delivering all the areas for the last 20 years, He knows some great rides, if you want the twisties....great, flat and fast?? great too... there is a Bike Shop in my town that last year would put a ride in a hat all week, anyone could do it, and on Sunday mornings they pull a ride out of the hat... LOTS of fun... and lots of different bikes, and everyone was cool with everyone, Rice and Harleys are like mixing vinagar and oil sometimes... but not this group!
I'll find out if they are doing it still. If someone wants to plan another ride count me in!!!
~Melody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.